• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz Critique My Falcon

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
WHY THE F@#% CAN EVERYBODY MOONWALK BUT ME?! :mad:

Er, WAAAAAAAAAY too many dairs. You need to grab more, a lot more. Use different aerials, other than that well, there's really nothign much else to say, pretty solid, just work on switching it up, and you'll be okay.

mers

Smash Ace
You both have very idiosyncratic styles, so its difficult to critique. To me, it seems like you and your brother have adapted to each other's styles strongly. How often do you play other people?

Mizar

Smash Ace
switch the usage of the d-air with grabs, main point
When player = Captain Falcon, Grab = Death
^^
Why are you spamming this ******** message over the falcon boards?
If it only were as easy as you say, this game would suck.

EDIT* Leviathan I just watched the last vid you posted.
You need to work your spacing more and keep in mind: Not getting hit > Hitting
As tempting as it is, break down a combo or techchase when you are uncertain about hitting again.
Moonwalk -> knees off the stage look awesome (and they are if they hit) but its better to just grab the edge and wait for his recovery so you can **** him as soon as he gets back on.

I also noticed that sometimes your dash didn't come out right. I don't know if it is, but it looks like something I've had trouble with some time ago; playing with your controller tilted to the left or right. You stand still and turn around awkwardly as you want to dash, because you tap the stick slightly downward.

I could be totally wrong of course, but I just wanted to let you know.

Keep playing and post some new vids later :)

hubble

Smash Ace
Work on edgegaurds for sure. Ledgehop knee onto stage, ledgehop uair, dtilt illusions, etc.

Tech chasing is amazing, downthrow spam them spacies. Dash dancing to bait attacks helps land grabs.

Keep at it and goto tournaments :D

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i cant moonwalk either, peachy.

stop moonwalking, stop approaching with DAir. you're not going to beat anybody of a legitmate skill level doing these 2 things.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
i do know enough to say that in some cases approaching with the dair is good, but probably not as much as i did......and the moonwalking...well its sexy man

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Moonwalking is a positive thing.If you cant stop doing it , you will need to think of tricks which includes defending and approaching with moonwalking ^^ Its not only flashy, it can be a suprise attack for the enemy, and you could get a combo out of it!

anyway Leviathan , when fighting a good player, it is sometimes better to defend with some short hop bair, instead of aprroaching with a nair or in your most cases a dair? =o
Im not saying its badd, but sometimes you need to defend in order to attack. A hasty approach can be countered. (Remen tought me this when I was playing friendlies with him @ Berlin calling )

Also, grabs are not a must, unless you are a tech chase meister like Jeff, and you got a 99.9% chance of killing. So its your own choise to go for a grab or an attack. When someone shields, just grab ofcourse.

Other than that I did not noticed anything specificly.Maybe you have an other video against a person you had more trouble playing with?

anyway I hope this advice can get you further =)

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Moonwalking is a positive thing.If you cant stop doing it , you will need to think of tricks which includes defending and approaching with moonwalking ^^ Its not only flashy, it can be a suprise attack for the enemy, and you could get a combo out of it!

anyway Leviathan , when fighting a good player, it is sometimes better to defend with some short hop bair, instead of aprroaching with a nair or in your most cases a dair? =o
Im not saying its badd, but sometimes you need to defend in order to attack. A hasty approach can be countered. (Remen tought me this when I was playing friendlies with him @ Berlin calling )

Also, grabs are not a must, unless you are a tech chase meister like Jeff, and you got a 99.9% chance of killing. So its your own choise to go for a grab or an attack. When someone shields, just grab ofcourse.

Other than that I did not noticed anything specificly.Maybe you have an other video against a person you had more trouble playing with?

anyway I hope this advice can get you further =)
Thanks Jeapie, I will try to post some more vids soon.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Didn't you already post in the Falcon vid critique thread haha keep it there

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
imo your trying to hit alot of reads that just arent going your way... your throwing out random stomps and **** and hardly any of them are hitting

srry if i sound harsh but imo trying to read people's techs and punish with stomp and knee is a really unreliable way of getting hits

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
OK first of all, why the **** is this thread up, this is a video of me playing a year ago, and why did it get revived? This thread is uber old. MODS CLOSE THIS

Top Bottom