• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Promote Me For DLC- Starfy for Smash

Favorite Starfy look

• Original Pointy Starfy

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Hamburger Starfy

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Found this. This has to get added to the op.
I added it, looks great. I hate editing the OP now because adding stuff causes so many extra problems, but this was too good to pass up.

But yeah recently added some costumes, and one of the other images is broke. Also seems like whenever I add something to whatever section, and the spoiler duplicates. It has something to do with the bold lettering or something, but I hate haven't to go to the BB code editor and fix everything one by one.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I added it, looks great. I hate editing the OP now because adding stuff causes so many extra problems, but this was too good to pass up.

But yeah recently added some costumes, and one of the other images is broke. Also seems like whenever I add something to whatever section, and the spoiler duplicates. It has something to do with the bold lettering or something, but I hate haven't to go to the BB code editor and fix everything one by one.
Yeah I too find the Smashboards editor to be a pain to manage, it's a big reason why I haven't updated my Gardevoir thread that much. It's just too clunky and messes itself up when you edit it. I had the content of my spoiler originally intended to be at the left with the spoiler itself at the right but it messed it up big time, so I just left it all in the same alignment.

But yeah this was a must have for the op.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah I too find the Smashboards editor to be a pain to manage, it's a big reason why I haven't updated my Gardevoir thread that much. It's just too clunky and messes itself up when you edit it. I had the content of my spoiler originally intended to be at the left with the spoiler itself at the right but it messed it up big time, so I just left it all in the same alignment.

But yeah this was a must have for the op.
For sure, it was a great find.

Any thoughts on the new title? I feel like it might come off a little arrogant or something.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I feel it was alright to mention the Assist Trophy, but perhaps less "arrogant" sounding? I know it wasn't your intent, it just happened to come off like that. Also I feel Starly is more suited for an alt as Starfy currently is more of a niche series and I don't feel she'd be warranted enough for an echo at the moment, but it's still an idea to keep in mind, though more suitable for an alt in my opinion.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I feel it was alright to mention the Assist Trophy, but perhaps less "arrogant" sounding? I know it wasn't your intent, it just happened to come off like that. Also I feel Starly is more suited for an alt as Starfy currently is more of a niche series and I don't feel she'd be warranted enough for an echo at the moment, but it's still an idea to keep in mind, though more suitable for an alt in my opinion.
Yeah I wanted to imply that we're still supporting him even though he's been deconfirmed as an Assist, but titles gotta be snappy you know?

I added the Starly bit just for people that are all about echos. I think it's a good spot for her too, though I can see a costume, or even her replacing Starfy as the AT.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Put me on the support list. Starfy is easily my number one for smash, and while the likelihood of him being DLC is practically 0, maybe one day he’ll get in a game. Heck, I really just want a new Starfy game, it’s super underrated.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Put me on the support list. Starfy is easily my number one for smash, and while the likelihood of him being DLC is practically 0, maybe one day he’ll get in a game. Heck, I really just want a new Starfy game, it’s super underrated.
It really is. Anyway added.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Count me as a supporter. Even a decade later, I still love to go back to The Legendary Starfy and pick away at my old file when I have nothing to do. I supported him during Smash 4's development, and while things are obviously pretty bleak for the little guy, I can't deny that I wouldn't flip my lid if he ended up making a surprise appearance like he did in Mario Maker.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
By the way i support starfy (he is my 6th most wanted) to the point i myself made a campaign for him on twitter. What about we do some alliance shenigans?
FunAtParties FunAtParties
Yo, 'preciate the support, bruddah. Thanks to you, we officially are 50 supporters strong! That's a number I was shooting for, for a long time, so this is pretty big. Once again, I appreciate y'all stopping by, and supporting the little dude.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yo, 'preciate the support, bruddah. Thanks to you, we officially are 50 supporters strong! That's a number I was shooting for, for a long time, so this is pretty big. Once again, I appreciate y'all stopping by, and supporting the little dude.
No problem, glad to be a long time supporter as well as someone that help the Starfy fans be inspired to push for him on Twitter.

Even few of them are in our server now. With over 100 total assist allies and counting.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know how I haven’t posted on this thread yet. Starfy is my second most wanted character, so count me in as a supporter!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don’t know how I haven’t posted on this thread yet. Starfy is my second most wanted character, so count me in as a supporter!
Let me in; Starfy's my most wanted newcomer! I even made a moveset for him!

https://www.deviantart.com/demarlion/art/Super-Smash-Bros-What-If-Moveset-Starfy-778871206

And I actually thought the waves of the ocean during the direct a few days ago was Starfy not Zelda
Ask you shall recieve. Nice moveset, Demarlion. I also had hopes that Zelda game was the return of Starfy

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
To be honest, if Starfy did make it in, I would, for the first time, scream in excitement for a character reveal.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The moveset seems to be for specials from what I can tell. I agree with a lot of it, but I think the Star Spin should be used for a standard/dash attack.
I actually like the idea of it being neutral special. I'd like for it to be more versatile than a regular dash attack.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
So...TBH, Starly should be an echo. Some of Starfy's ideal taunts wouldn't really fit her.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So...TBH, Starly should be an echo. Some of Starfy's ideal taunts wouldn't really fit her.
She'd be a good choice. I think she works better as a clone, as she has some unique abilities that Starfy doesn't.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
She'd be a good choice. I think she works better as a clone, as she has some unique abilities that Starfy doesn't.
Yeah, and honestly I can't see her doing the "Starfy is sleeping then wakes up and looks around" victory pose I gave Starf.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
Oh, Moe could work as an Assist Trophy. He could do what Mr. Resetti did and do his talk show with the person who summoned him.

Demarlion

Smash Cadet
So, I found something interesting.

When I decided to look through the spirits of the "Others" section, I noticed Starfy has SIX spirits (Starfy, Starly, Moe, Old Man Lobber, Mermaid, and Mattel), meaning his series has the third most spirits representing it, only upstaged by Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun.

If Starfy is only an Assist, why would they give him more than two or three? Could this be a hint Starfy will get a promotion in the next Smash game, or even be put in as DLC?

Or maybe I'm just looking into something too much.

Last edited:

theelectricjesterboi1

Smash Rookie
So, I found something interesting.

When I decided to look through the spirits of the "Others" section, I noticed Starfy has SIX spirits (Starfy, Starly, Moe, Old Man Lobber, Mermaid, and Mattel), meaning his series has the third most spirits representing it, only upstaged by Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun.

If Starfy is only an Assist, why would they give him more than two or three? Could this be a hint Starfy will get a promotion in the next Smash game, or even be put in as DLC?

Or maybe I'm just looking into something too much.
Hmmmm, interesting. Though idk if it is evidence or not, since the Fan rule people will always spout the same argument over and over again. Though this ins't the thread focus, lol.

Multi_Step

Smash Rookie
110% count me in. I made an account just to be a Starfy supporter, Starfy was my very first Nintendo game and I wouldn't get another Nintendo game until 2017 so for that whole era when the DS was super popular, Starfy was my favorite game of all time. I never beat it, until last year, and I missed out on SO MUCH. I thought I was going to be completely blinded by nostalgia, but I think if I hadn't played it at all until the year I beat it, I wouldn't love a single bit less. Starfy is such a well crafted series that has so much potential. I absolutely love Starfy and I hope our new friend can "explore new waters" either in Starfy 6 or as a playable fighter in Smash. He's slowly becoming more relevant, being an assist trophy in 4 and Ultimate, and a costume in Mario Maker (Wii U) so I hope this trend continues.

TL;DR Count me in! Starfy holds a special place in my heart being the very first Nintendo game I ever owned and I would love to see him come back.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I've always been noticing this franchise after its first appearance in Brawl. I understand that why he is supported, but this franchsie is in a weird situation. It got multiple releases than , but discontinied for quite a time. It's in neirther side of an old classic nor hot new IP that Smash like to hghlight.

While I see NIntendo would very likely promoting more new IPs in Smash 6., the only chance or advantage for Starfly to be chosen is that Nintendo think he is very easy to make as they don't mind inserting him. Overall I'm open to his inclusion as Smash fighter.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Does anyone feel like Starfy may have been planned to be playable in Brawl? Maybe it was an oversight, but the fact that his twin sister Starly is listed under Fighter Trophies makes me wonder if he could have been playable in Smash Ultimate. 'Everyone Is Here', you know.

Top Bottom