• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Promote Me For DLC- Starfy for Smash

Favorite Starfy look

• Original Pointy Starfy

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Hamburger Starfy

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Quite do remember supporting him strongly long eons back - but kind of gave up on him as much long time ago after Smash 4 kind of cemented him too much as the Goldeen of Assist Trophies and Starfy's grow a bit awkward reputation over time as the "Kirby-copycat" to an average Nintendo-fan during times he's not sitting on obscurity to many.

Combined with how it's been approximately 10 years when his last game came out, it's pretty in the dark to me what'll be in store for Starfy.

Still, do send my cheers on your way, I hope the Star Coin lands as heads for you.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lack of relevancy be damned, I still think Starfy would make a great addition to Smash.
I wholeheartedly agree, really - I sometimes feel like Squirtle's moveset from Brawl would serve as a great inspiration to him, mainly due sharing pretty similar moves - for example, Down-Tilt for example looks definitely like Low Spin Starly utilized in Starfy 4 and 5.

On that end, the marine platformer elements and aesthetic would create unique flair standing out from other series featured so far - allowing things like a seaside stage or like.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I wholeheartedly agree, really - I sometimes feel like Squirtle's moveset from Brawl would serve as a great inspiration to him, mainly due sharing pretty similar moves - for example, Down-Tilt for example looks definitely like Low Spin Starly utilized in Starfy 4 and 5.

On that end, the marine platformer elements and aesthetic would create unique flair standing out from other series featured so far - allowing things like a seaside stage or like.
That's surpisingly creative, I must say.

Also good to see you ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ! Haven't seen you since before the support threads board was brought back.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's surpisingly creative, I must say.

Also good to see you ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ! Haven't seen you since before the support threads board was brought back.
I've been away in different ventures for the longest time as I've been taking a break from gaming. Supporting flare has kind of died down for me since Smash 4-days too, hence my absence.

I'm not holding any high hopes on much anything in this installment with that reason, somehow it feels like I've seen everything this series has had to offer honestly to come back for more - but I'll be occasionally putting out my thoughts on various subjects that come by.

Gladly I think there'll be less filler and droughts due halved speculation period towards planned 2018 - thus I see this being a wooming zooming ride for now.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've been away in different ventures for the longest time as I've been taking a break from gaming. Supporting flare has kind of died down for me since Smash 4-days too, hence my absence.

I'm not holding any high hopes on much anything in this installment with that reason, somehow it feels like I've seen everything this series has had to offer honestly to come back for more - but I'll be occasionally putting out my thoughts on various subjects that come by.

Gladly I think there'll be less filler and droughts due halved speculation period towards planned 2018 - thus I see this being a wooming zooming ride for now.

Well, though it may be brief it's good to have you back. Maybe come over to the Sakura Shinguji thread sometime? ;)

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I like this idea. This make me want a Starfy PM mod. I always thought Squirtle's up-b would fit well on Starfy.

So y'all wanna be added to the support list or nah?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I like this idea. This make me want a Starfy PM mod. I always thought Squirtle's up-b would fit well on Starfy.

So y'all wanna be added to the support list or nah?
Well, as his long-time fan, even if now rather quiet one, might as well be there with you all.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Found some cute fanart of Starfy and Starly by my favorite fan artist, this time with humanizations.

Honestly, both looks like just how I've imagined them
This is great, plus Starfy is one of the hardest characters to find fan art of so it's double good, but everyone knows that if Starfy was human he'd look closer to this:

Anyway idk why but Starfy's face is hilarious to me.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is great, plus Starfy is one of the hardest characters to find fan art of so it's double good, but everyone knows that if Starfy was human he'd look closer to this:

Anyway idk why but Starfy's face is hilarious to me.
....and that nailed the coffin into Starfy's dignity.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Oh, I've been good. How bout you?
Decent man, pretty decent. I might get some time off work because I messed up my hand. I don't know if I should take that as a good thing or bad thing lmao.

D

Deleted member

I've loved this little man ever since his localized outing, and I'd hope for him to have a great air game. Support.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello Starfy fans, I have a Smash server all about supporting smaller series like The Legendary Starfy.

You all can feel free to give it some time if you want to push the star to greater heights.

https://discord.gg/R2ZeTqW

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hello Starfy fans, I have a Smash server all about supporting smaller series like The Legendary Starfy.

You all can feel free to give it some time if you want to push the star to greater heights.

https://discord.gg/R2ZeTqW
"Push the star to greater heights"

Lmao you're so corny, I love it.

I always get a little excited when this thread gets bumped. I wish more people knew about Starfy because there's some real good discussion waiting to be had. Like, theres so many potential movesets for the guy, stage discussion, ATs, and I could write an essay on how he was a perfect pick for Brawl

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Push the star to greater heights"

Lmao you're so corny, I love it.

I always get a little excited when this thread gets bumped. I wish more people knew about Starfy because there's some real good discussion waiting to be had. Like, theres so many potential movesets for the guy, stage discussion, ATs, and I could write an essay on how he was a perfect pick for Brawl
I always try.

I would love for the entire series to get localized. We were lucky to get the fifth entry in the West and I loved t alot (Except for a certain button mashing part of the game).

And nothing wrong with talking about the Prince of Pufftop. He is a great character.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I always try.

I would love for the entire series to get localized. We were lucky to get the fifth entry in the West and I loved t alot (Except for a certain button mashing part of the game).

And nothing wrong with talking about the Prince of Pufftop. He is a great character.
Getting the whole series localized has been on the top of my wishlist for quite some time now.

I'm tempted to buy the old ones, but I still can't read Japanese, and the dialogue is part of why I love the series so much.

Found some Starfy 3D models on DeviantArt, pretty good work

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
You can list me as a supporter as well. Even though I've never played the games myself they look really fun and Starfy is a really cute little fella :D

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You can list me as a supporter as well. Even though I've never played the games myself they look really fun and Starfy is a really cute little fella :D
Starfy is sick. Put him in.
Welcome aboard! You two make 30 supporters. Damn. I didn't think Starfy would get this many tbh. :b:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I gazed a little at some gameplay of the 5th Starfy game in the afternoon. By the evening it was bought on import on ebay.

That was really fast XD But he is so cute...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I gazed a little at some gameplay of the 5th Starfy game in the afternoon. By the evening it was bought on import on ebay.

That was really fast XD But he is so cute...
It's a really fun game. A little easy, but it has its challenges, and it's surprisingly long.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Found some Starfy 3D models on DeviantArt, pretty good work

These really do look good.

But it also reminds me of two things. Moe makes a great Assist Trophy and Starly would make a great alternate costume.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
These really do look good.

But it also reminds me of two things. Moe makes a great Assist Trophy and Starly would make a great alternate costume.
Well you know me, I'm not a supporter of alt character costumes, but I mean, if that meant Starfy made it in I wouldn't complain.

Moe really would make the perfect AT though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know, this pic has me thinking.

Starfy would make a great rival for Rosalina and Luma. Because she could mistaken him for one of her Lumas.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You know, this pic has me thinking.

Starfy would make a great rival for Rosalina and Luma. Because she could mistaken him for one of her Lumas.
I can see this being one of those Congratulations reels after you complete Classic mode or whatever, where Rosalina tries to send Starfy out to attack, and he just comes up and spin attacks her.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Top Bottom