• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLEASE HELP I'm having ALOT of trouble.

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
I dont really know where to start.
I know mi wii is old enough.
I have homebrew and all that jazz.
I have Brawl on a USB.
And i have project M files on the SD card but im not sure if its all organized correctly.
I can send pictures and stuff to help explain my problems i just really need some people to hold my hand through this ive spent like 3 days trying to get this to work. Please some one help.
And thank you a thoysand times in advance.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I would highly recommend using CFG Usb over any other usb loader. It's just so much easier to use and has better compatibility with most games. You'll also need to make sure you have all the IOS and cIOS stuff installed, but I can't really go in-depth with that stuff here. I can PM you an easy to follow tutorial, but that's about it.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I asked you for screenshots on another thread, but post them here instead. We'll be glad to help.

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
Ok so im using CFG loader i like it better and my gx isnt working for some reason anyway.

I have a certain theory though my ISO of brawl may be PAL but im not entirely sure so im downloading another file im for sure is ntsc but in case my file is already ntsc which im pretty sure it is. I will take pictures of whatever you need to see.
And when i load the games with ocarina it says no ocarina vodes found and when i try to manage cheats it says too many code lines

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
If you may think for any reason that it's PAL, have you tried using region free on CFG USB Loader?

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
well not really now it gives me a black screen but i believe thats because of me i converted the txt code file to gct so the ocarina would read some code but i can just rreplace the code folder with the original project M file

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
Here is my sd root. My friend did the homebrew stuff an im not sure he entirely did it right so theres all that extra stuff laying around but must stuff still works.

Attachments

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Here is my sd root. My friend did the homebrew stuff an im not sure he entirely did it right so theres all that extra stuff laying around but must stuff still works.
I don't really see a problem. Although it is a bit cluttered. Back-up all your SD files and then wipe the SD card clean. Then only add CFG Loader and the 2.6 files to see if that works for you.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Besides the P:M 2.6 files I only have two other things in my SD card under the apps folder. Those being,
Gecko1931

and USBLoader

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
So homebrew will still work? Without everyother file? Did you like install everything on your wii? Because unless my card is in homebrew wont work.

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
None of my homebrew apps will start unless the sd is in. That includes the homebrew channel, so its supposed to be like that? And itll be fine if i remove the files?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
HyperrCrow is correct. Delete everything on your sd except the apps folder, then copy the project m files directly to the root. That is all you need.
As for settings, check that ocarina codes are on, and the hook type is VBI. It is crucial that the iso is NTSC or it won't work, the region free setting will not make a difference so you might want to double check that.

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
Oh jeez. It turns out it was PAL
Im putting an ntsc one in place of it now and i already cleared the sd to what you said. When this is done i guess we will see if it works soon.

Claus of Tazmily

Smash Rookie
It...
It worked:')
thank you all so much! I wouldve given up without you all.

Now i have one other thing i need help with. Getting the wii to read burned discs. So i guess that should be done over private message?

Top Bottom