• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please explain my GSP Numbers to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimohno

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.

I have only casually played since Melee and never Online. Now I am back to rock (or rather get rocked), but I am pretty much confused about how GSP works.

These are my numbers:

https://imgur.com/a/Gdn2ruZ

I don't get it. I started winning some Games, but noticing the score at all, but now I loose ALL games. I can't win a single 1v1. My characters start at 2 Mil. (why?) and immediately drop down to like 150.000

So - why is my score so high? (is he high, i dont know?)
Why is my TOP one Not higher than all together.

I am seriously confused. Thanks for your time.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I have no idea how the combined one works. It might just mean you've played with a lot of characters online, whereas most players don't.

The reason your characters start off around 2 mil is because you managed to climb that high with at least one character, and the game is assuming that skill transfers to your other characters.

Last edited:

NathanD

Smash Rookie
It's easier to move roster GSP up by playing a breadth of characters vs getting one higher. My rosters about 1.5 mil though I am sitting at 2.6 mil on Lucas. It was 1.2 mil when I had played 3 characters to 750k.

I noticed that when playing characters who I have a GSP lower than my roster GSP I very frequently get match ups at my roster GSP. This can be 1 mil higher than my character. That never happened when my GSPs were close to my roster GSP.

They probably have some sort of acceleration compenant in calculating GSP gained/lost. The acceleration is probably set to max when you first play a character meaning you are capable of losing massive amounts of GSP if you bomb that first game. I've also noticed that in my three or four climbs from 100k to 2 mil that at first I'll gain like 50k GSP but as I hit large win streaks I gain more and more GSP per win.

This is all hypothetical based on some things of seen in other games, my knowledge of ELO algorithms, and casual observation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom