• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Critique My Ganondorf Please

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'll just keep editing my posts as I watch each match...

Match 1 - Vs Samus, I'd try to avoid being above her because she can **** with uairs and fairs from below.

Match 2 - Great edgeguarding this match! And a perfect down B spike! Well done.

Match 3 - Even when you had absolutely no chance of making it back to the stage, you tried anyway and it paid off! That's great, I suggest more people do that. :chuckle:

Match 4 - 4-stock! Well played, can't find anything here :)

Overall, very good Ganon. I've never seen a Ganon who rarely wavedashes and yet wavelands so often. No complaints though, it works well for you. You did a good job edgeguarding Samus, but I do have a suggestion to make about edgeguarding her. Dropzone uair! I saw a lot of points where Samus was just casually floating around near the edge, and a dropzone uair definitely would've taken her out, or at least screwed up her recovery a ton.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
r. Dropzone uair! I saw a lot of points where Samus was just casually floating around near the edge, and a dropzone uair definitely would've taken her out, or at least screwed up her recovery a ton.
Dropzone Uairs work on everybody. I do it mainly vs marths because of their over b. I do agree with you though, i should do it more against samus.

Renth

Smash Hero
Good **** as always man.

Keep up the good work. p.s. come to FL and play me.

my comments on youtube

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Wow, i just noticed something, i watched the 1st vid, and you connected with almost every attacks. lol, hit percent was prob. like 90 or something. Well anyway excellent aerial game. No flaws. Only thing I could possibly say is that you could use Uair more often to edgeguard, that's all.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
That Samus should have been missile spamming your *** into oblivion :p

Now that my Watty impression is over...

Looking good, although the Samus didn't do a good job of applying pressure to you. I'm pretty sure a down throw to an uair will work on Samus unless she's at a real high percent.

Renth

Smash Hero
That Samus should have been missile spamming your *** into oblivion :p

Now that my Watty impression is over...

Looking good, although the Samus didn't do a good job of applying pressure to you. I'm pretty sure a down throw to an uair will work on Samus unless she's at a real high percent.
down throw up air works on samus for a long time i played phanna recently and it stopped working at like 200% or something.

In friendlies?

I think would be kind of mean for friendlies.

Missile spamming is very easy to get around, you have got to be joking.

LOLOLOL

that samus cannot recover for ****

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
regardless, it's still a tactic that can be used to put ganon into bad position.
maybe it could work but that also putting pressure on the samus to keep spamming. people cant do things forever and eventually it just stops working after people doing it to you constantly. i agree it could be used but you would probably phail at it, especially on a level with platforms. even on FD every move i have either goes under, above, or destroys those small flying pieces of crap.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I would suggest a style a bit more aggressive. Also, a bit more mind-games if you would. Other than that, decent-good Ganny. (is it just my eyes, or is Ganny a bit slow?)

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I wasn't clear enough I guess.

I mean like, I wouldn't missile spam against people I play everyday, because I would be lazy about the effort.

I'm more of a SWD kinda guy, since it's so easy.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
I would suggest a style a bit more aggressive. Also, a bit more mind-games if you would. Other than that, decent-good Ganny. (is it just my eyes, or is Ganny a bit slow?)
having any character thats overly aggressive is bad. suggesting someone change their style with that character especially when that style works for them is worse.

Renth

Smash Hero
having any character thats overly aggressive is bad. suggesting someone change their style with that character especially when that style works for them is worse.
i'm extremely aggressive =)

and again

missile spam = EASY **** TO GET ARUOND

<3 Joe

Top Bottom