• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please consider this ruling for doubles

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
A lot of people are noticing how OP double Cloud is
I have a solution I would like you all to consider

Instead of outright banning double Cloud and specifically targeting a character, I propose that we instead limit a team to one character each. By that I mean that a team must use different characters. No two team mates may be allowed to use the same character, whether it be double Cloud, double Bayo, double Sonic etc. I feel this rule set would impact the doubles field in a positive way and force teams to use real strategy. I dont need any negative comments or rude remarks. I only ask you to please consider this suggestion, thank you.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don’t see it being necessary given double of the same character may be an ok option ot’s rarely ideal.

In regards to double Cloud, general I see him doing better with someone up can cover his weaknesses rather than another Cloud.

Even then is Cloud himself the issue or is it double cloud? If it is, should we act now?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Double Cloud. This has been brought up before.

This concept sounds interesting, though. I don't think many would like it, just because they're interested in winning, not being fair.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice

This concept sounds interesting, though. I don't think many would like it, just because they're interested in winning, not being fair.
I agree. t takes out a large portion of the game. It restricts many teams in an unfortunate way.
The only way this would work is if every team with the same two characters was majorly overpowered.
Then again when was the last time you saw a double Jigglypuff win?
Or any other characters, other than Cloud (and Bayo too I guess)
In all reality it's not a super bad idea but I think it sounds better on paper than in practice.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I've thought about this idea before (limit each team to 1 character). It would remove some potential jank, although, to be honest, doubles isn't currently dominated by janky team comps, and I think the overall harm would outweigh the benefit. Let's say two Ike mains teamed together, then one of them would not be allowed to play Ike.

Also, as people have mentioned many times before, double Cloud isn't even the best team, Cloud + some other character is often better (such as Cloud + Sheik).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I’m still not sold double cloud is the best combo for him yet.

Good sure but instead of someone else who might complement him better? I’m still thinking on this and checking with other players they aren’t either.

Top Bottom