• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playntrade tourney in MA JAN 27th 08 UPDATED FOR LAST TIME!

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
There is going to be a tourney at playntrade in walpole ma. There is going to be a good prize set also.

I took the rules from OAK hopefully emmy doesn't mind

Playntrade:

90 providence hwy
walpole ma

Entry fee:

$10

Time:

Tourney starts/sign-ups end at 11am store opens at 10am

Prizes

1st Nintendo Wii

2nd $75 store credit

3rd $50 store credit

NOTICE: FIRST PRIZE DOES NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE WII SPORTS GAME BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS INCLUDED. I APOLIGIZE FOR ANY INCONVINCE THIS CAUSES.

Prizes set in stone.

RULES:

* Bring your own controller.
* All matches are best out of 3, best out of 5 for the finals.
* 4 stock, 8 minutes
* No items
* Random stages: Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
* Banned stages Singles: Peach's Castle, Onett, Yoshi’s Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Jungle Japes, Green Greens,Great Bay
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (such as the IC freeze glitch) are not allowed.
* Using tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound to excessively stall a match is not allowed.
* Controller mods which affect gameplay such as shorthop mod, L-trigger mod, etc. are considered cheating and are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller, you will be disqualified with no refunds. Feel free to use controllers with purely cosmetic mods such as stickers and different color paint. 3rd party controllers are allowed, but any additional features that aren't found on a standard nintendo controller (such as programmable buttons or turbo buttons of any kind) are banned.
* Pick up after yourselves if you leave a mess.
* No fighting or swearing! You will be asked to leave without a refund, and banned from any of our future events.

NEW RULES:

*Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters

*Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

* Stage Strike: Both players may choose one stage to strike off of the random list, which only applies to random. If you won your match, and your opponent chooses to counterpick stage instead of character, he may pick the stage you struck off random. However, if he counterpicks character, both of you may still strike one stage off of random. Stage strikes are chosen after characters are chosen.
* Pay attention to the banned stages list.

Please bring cubes and copies of games

I will be updating as I find out more information. Thank you for your patience.

Mark your calendars now. This event will be hot!

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I will be attending this, last tourney I went to at PNT was awesome. God, I haven't played smash in so long, my wii games have been occupying me pretty well, I better practice soon.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I really, really want to go to this. I'll try to find a ride, drag Darc along, and bring set-ups.

The Masked Z

Smash Cadet
Hyper Viper Beam.

First off, no you can't bring setups, the TV's are already built in the store

Second, the TV's are the LCD TV's. Lag City.

Third, it's right next to a Papa Ginos.

Fourth, KDJ Might go to this.

Fifth, Take out Zoso's rule.

Sixth, KATO KATO KATO KATO!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Air Hyper Viper Beam x3

First off, okay, I'll bring Cubes then

Second, ew @ lag

Third, yay at Papa Ginos

Fourth, I heard from a reliable yellow source KDJ was going

Fifth, I agree with removing zoso's rule, it was kind of a pain at SNF, although I may have gotten used to it if it was the normal rule

Sixth, JABU JABU JABU JABU!

f8lmatt

Smash Apprentice
well im sick of winning there halo tournaments, maybe ill show up to smash on some of you nerds.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I will remove zoso's rule if one more person suggests to remove it. Pokefloats will not be banned because I really like that level.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
well im sick of winning there halo tournaments, maybe ill show up to smash on some of you nerds.
lol, money match?

lol **** yeah **** tom, pokefloats ****ing rocks.

also, i vote we remove zoso's rule, it should be the advanced slob picks or whatever.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
err, I hate pokefloats.

I should be able to make this. Hopefully by the time this comes up, I'll have practiced enough so I can place decently.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
ok I will remove zoso's counterpick rule and put in something different but that's it for rule changing. I will not make any more changes to the rules

Elen

Smash Lord
Local tourneys are too good! This'll probably be my last tourney before Brawl comes out so lets make it a great one.
Well see what the last tourny before brawl comes out is ^_-

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
this sounds cool

one more tourny before brawl would be pretty sweet

Roman.

Smash Champion
Is it like venue fee is $10 or for the tourney. If the tourney is $10 then is it just singles or singles and doubles and $10 for each? When does the store/tourney close/end?

Top Bottom