• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Pit

Archangel Michæl

Smash Rookie
How do you guys play your Pit? Meaning, do you play aggresively Close Combat, or arrow spam, or defensively? I'm just curious, I try to play close combat mostly, though the lack of a good killing move makes it a bit of a pain.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
I used to play aggressively. Like extremely agressively. Like right up in their face aggressive up to the point where arrows are useless because there's no distance b/w me and my opponent.

I tried something new today. Slowing down my game so I don't end up walking into so many stupid things. Didn't work so great. So....

Back to extreme-aggressiveness >_>

Corigames

Smash Hero
Defensive. I make sure to keep myself out of the range of the enemy at all times and at all (except for taking damage) costs. I am training my spacing and timing to know when to stop shooting arrows and when to GTFO, shield, grab, or swing. After I have fully mastered all of these things and what it takes to preform said tasks, I'll be content with my Pit.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i find pits dash attack completely slow and not worth it so i rarely use it unless it is blatantly open, so im not so aggressive i guess, i use a lot of arrows pegging people off the stage and when im recovering i love gliding in for a slice that leads to a sliding attack, i also use my mirror shield ALOT, for melee attacks and everything.... but mainly my deal is to launch them and peg them with arrows until they approach me and then i try to send them flying or into the air where i can dominate them, so i guess i play defensively until they approach

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit's Dash reaches pretty far off the stage and can be used like Yoshi's Dash attack could in Melee.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yes but it doesnt do much damage, is easily shielded and in turn grabbed from and if you miss it has some cool down lag, plus dashing at people makes me feel open, so easy to sh>aerials or whatever they want to do

i didnt get into the technical side of melee, was perfectly happy pwning my friends with sheik :) but what was special about yoshis dash in it?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Its very complicated there are so many different things to do. but i main go with this start off regularly shooting arrows if they can reflect ill Sh arrow. if they cant bad for them. if they have far protective ill just mirror shield than my game is all about mind games. ill hop a couple of a times like jiggly wait for you to mess up and above you with air moves than C stick. mainly i spot dodge and C stick. if i think you will try to spot dodge ill A infinite or sparely Over B sometimes short hop nuetral air. and i usually glide, not straight ill go down and up. but normally i play calm and annoying tbh and when i knock you off ill just rotate arrows trying to hit you.

if anyone wants to play my Aim is Sirskor +)

Top Bottom