• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing on Autopilot a good thing?

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I'm a new Diddy Kong, and yes, I play on Autopilot. However, I don't want to force anything on myself. Rather, just play on Autopilot, and gradually fix my mistakes. Is this a good way of turning off Autopilot?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Autopilot only works well with people who aren't accustomed to Diddy. Once you get past that crowd it will only take you so far.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Have fun losing to good players XD

You cannot make mistakes as diddy kong, take it from there. Autopiloting will only cause you unecessary losses, playing smart is the best way to go or else you will be severely punished by some characters. Don't care about flashy combos and stuff, just do what you got to do to win.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Autopilot is a term used for when a Diddy mindlessly throws bananas around and is constantly using the Banana > Throw > Banana > Throw > Smash Attack method without even really thinking.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
First off, what is autopilot?
Autopilot is a term used for when a Diddy mindlessly throws bananas around and is constantly using the Banana > Throw > Banana > Throw > Smash Attack method without even really thinking.
Pretty much.

Think of Melee Falco, and the way you could just SHL and Dair => Shine pressure the whole match. It's the same with Diddy, you can just pressure with the bananas the whole match without thinking much at all, provided that you're playing against an opponent that has no clue as to how to deal with the bananas.

As to you questions Saki:

If you're new, and if the way you're playing works for you, then just keep playing how you have been. It's important to just play til you're comfortable with him. Once you find yourself being beaten by better player consistently, is when you should reconsider your playing style.

You'll see for yourself how far auto-piloting will get you.

Count

Smash Champion
I'll be honest and say that when my opponent is lousy, that I go on autopilot. When I play a good opponent, I do mix my game up though, hence why I have become more successful lately.

Top Bottom