• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing at reduced speed?

Goldylox

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I just got Dolphin, Melee, and the 20xx trainer, but one thing I'd really like to do is play at reduced speed like in training mode (1/2 speed, 2/3 speed, etc.)

Specifically, I'm bad at L-canceling after my aerial gets blocked, and I'd like to have the CPU permashield while I attack it at slower speeds. Is that possible or do I just have to play at normal speed?

Doq

Smash Lord
I made some codes that change the speed of gameplay for use at multiple framerates based on IE's 30fps code. I believe if you leave the framerate at 60 that these will help greatly.
120 fps mode [internetexplorer, doqtor kirby] <--- use for half speed
04432A2C 00149970
90 fps mode [internetexplorer, doqtor kirby] <--- use for 2/3 speed
04432A2C 000F72F0

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If I'm not mistaken, you can use all the new stuff within training mode. And the c-stick as well.

If you use a P2 action toggle (such as holding shield) in training mode, then make sure you toggle it off (L+R+D-pad Down) before exiting back to the character select screen.

Top Bottom