• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player-1 Vs Kismet/Billy/dyno/Saint and more(MK/Sheik/Wario/ICs; NEW)Now with more RC

Player-3

Smash Hero
only because i didn't realize how bad marth is as a character and still tried to use a bottom tier character competitively

Player-1

Smash Legend
gluttony sucks, he's EU so it's impossible for him to be good. What's even worse is that he is French that's like ganondorf tier.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
against lucas, just dnt approach, everything lucas does is punishable with a grab aka chaingrab/walkoff/charged smashes/infinites towards walls/powershield/ sideb attach his recovery/ runaway dtilt is beast/ standing nana throw is good/ glide tossing isnt assssssss great ONLY cuz of lucas sideb but it doesnt reaaaaaaaalllllyyyyy matter/ if he jabs just sdi/ if he dairs just sdi upwards and or tech/ fair is broken/ ending is lol

also i recommend u dash attack this guy more cuz he seemd to airdodge every time u dash attackd him...that just screamed to me like 5 free dash attacks PLUS an additional dash attack finisher AND all those grabs u got were free tech chases/cgs cuz this guy is freeeee

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yo mekos aint free. he's the second best lucas player.

he had 0 diddy practice, and told me he was just learning as he goes.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
The matches were very good. I havent seen/played mekos play since the summer, and i just picked up diddy in octob, so ill prob review those matches to see mekos's flaw against the monkey. I hope it works, i would hate to have to go back to mk >.>

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
My biggest critique would prolly be to use the first hit of diddy's neutral a on the ground after you miss a grab. I think there were about 3-4 grabs that you could have had doing this. When someone gets spot dodgey all you have to do is hit them with that first hit and you've got the grab. If they perfect shield it, it will add a few frames between their spot dodges, which will give you enough time to grab them. If it hits them, well...ya. Aside from that, as you said, you were being too aggressive. Mostly all of your hits were on the ground. You clearly had the advantage on the ground, but afro figured that out pretty quickly and just stuck in the air. Your z-drops, reverse peanuts, and peanut cancelling do wonders for mind games/setting you up. Don't stop at just those techs. Learn to BDACUS. Its a great way to make your opponent reconsider their spacing, and put overall pressure on them. Its also a great follow and escape method. Try my banana chase out. It pretty much guarantees that you get an extra couple percents before you grab. Just do it once after you get them the first time. I prolly would have tried to take the fight to him in the air at leaast once, but that's just me. Yap. Tough to beat a broken character.
Also, great match versus Meko. Insane ending.

Player-1

Smash Legend
after I miss a grab? IDK about that because then he can hit me with better priority things when I can risk the extra frame of trying to spotdodge or using shield. Usually I do jab > grab for the first couple of times I hit with jab and then I start trying to mix it up especially at kill percents because MK can actually dsmash after you hit with the first jab.

I've been trying to learn to bdacuz consistently already, but I don't really like it much after a banana throw since it's MUCH easier to DI out of that time (heck sometimes you don't even need to DI out of it), instead I try to predict their chase with a smash/dash attack/grab, Bdacusing out of an air dodge I find SO many more uses for which is what I've been practicing most of the time, which I can usually get it a little bit more than half the time, but I want to be able to get it at least 85% of the time before I actually start using it in serious matches. And I definitely did try to take the fight to the air, especially in the SV match and got punished pretty hard for it for the most part, his first kill he got on me was because of that. And my tech skill was pretty off those games TBH because my controller actually broke first game of me vs mekos where the cstick stopped working so I had to borrow another controller from someone else for the rest of the tournament which kind of screwed a lot of my peanut cancels up (SV I got punished once because of it, and killed another time) and there's the one part in SV where he hits my shield with a glideattack and I try to OoS glidetoss back and throw forward the banana to punish and I just rolled backward instead and cringe every time I see it =(.

Mick27

Smash Rookie
Annnd, his ****ty internet made me double post. Really sorry.

This is Chex. lol.
I don't play MK too often, so you're prolly right about the dsmash. You had his back for a second, and he started ground dodging, not sure of his backwards hitbox on the first part of the dsmash, so maybe it wouldn't have worked. I dunno. Could have.
BDACUS out of a backwards downward glidetoss is great. You end up really far away and with a banana in your hand. Again, maybe against MK he can just DI out of it just enough to get a dair off, but it puts me in an ok position most of the time. Obviously using it as a main approach is just dumb. I focus on getting through them with it. Like, space yourself right out of their range, but behind them. Its not the best tech, I'll agree, but it does confuse people, and is worth doing every once in awhile imo.
So ya, I dunno what to tell you. You critiqued yourself pretty well. You're a great diddy, and if you didn't pretty much kill yourself the match might have gone to you. MK is broken and ruins brawl.

Count

Smash Champion
Good stuff. I remember you being campier. Also, why so much ftilt? I've been using it more too but you used it a lot..I haven't watched the full set yet because I'm working on a paper but I will watch the whole thing start to finish tomorrow, probably.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
dat patg di last game :I

unacceptable

Also dayums yur 2nd stock got fooked up. D:

ninja:squirtle: status imo

:pichu:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Kind of lengthy, but watch it any way:

Me vs Dynomite LFs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75QIBwHEn0

(watch second game at least, then watch the victory screen portion, LGL was 40 btw.)

Me Vs Reflex GFs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HjC05Qqq8

(Good set to watch, Port town ftw, the RC match made me sad though cuz I SDed near 0. My thought process was "Hmmmm, I know you can up-b into the wall and I remember there was a reason not to do it, but I can't remember what it was I'll try it anyway....oh yeah the bottom platform doesn't catch you =[)

Vega4

Smash Ace
Good match player one.

yeah, I'm trying to find out if the 2nd match on frigate will get recorded because I think he just missed or something, that was a good match too.

edit: count, it was either YI or SV for him so I guess he wanted YI more, I use to CP that stage against warios too, but then I liked SV better and YI's colors are really boring and dumb which I like playing more colorful stages <3 Rc
I wanna see that second match in Frigate, 'cause I wanna see a efective way to face Wario in a Stage like that. Please, ask them to upload that video.

Dekar173

Justice Man
that was from months ago dekar, and I just did it for fun and it worked out for me, check the other set below it
edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcyThZ8tiYE
I already watched all of them :p I really just wanted to nitpick about you counterpicking that god awful stage.

As for your set vs his wario- you mainly just need to learn tire control, like in that beginning time I was wondering when you were gonna throw it down onto the slant, and then when you did you SMASH threw it ><

He'd do it in the air which did 2 things- put him in the air as wario which is oh so wonderful, and automatically makes it just a tilt throw.

You did well overall but I feel one of the reasons for this was Reflex' rushed playstyle as he's too used to playing PT, where you MUST rushdown or get fatigued :O Tell him to camp more to better help you get ready for ... every other wario ever XD

Dekar173

Justice Man
pull out a banana, now throw it forward by just pressing A.

Throw it forward using your C-stick now.

Notice the difference in speed/distance? Smash throwing ;p

Player-1

Smash Legend
Are the banana throws with c-stick or A? I'm not sure, but I think A-throws are faster than c-stick-throws.
What [more] do you want to know about the Up-B?

with no charge:
start up: 1-7
Hit: 8-?
Vertical Movement: 8-40
Landing Lag: 30 (soft/hard landings)

Doing full to varied charge times are tedious. I suppose I can check how long the hitbox is out for with no charge though...

I could do the basics of the peanut gun sometime.

-

Well I noted that throwing by hitting 'a' normally had the exact frame data as 'smash forward a', so I am assuming it is all the same...

-

Also for those who care/don't know, the 'tech window' on glide tossing with Diddy is any throw item movements made during frames 1-4 of each roll.
(frame 0 is when you put the input of the roll).
smash/non smashed bananas come out at the same time according to this, and the dsitance really didn't matter since the majority of the time I threw it down

Dekar173

Justice Man
smash/non smashed bananas come out at the same time according to this, and the dsitance really didn't matter since the majority of the time I threw it down
Check out the first time you throw it down, as compared to the first time reflex throws it down, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The tire bounces much higher (to the point of not actually being a zoning tool) when you smash throw it down.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ i was gonna suggest soft throwing it as well, p1 was just like nah bro i got this and went strictly aggro non tactical least he trolld time to time

Player-1

Smash Legend
Are you sure that's smash/non smash? I was thinking that may be because of the difference in the angle I was at

Top Bottom