• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player-1 in Bananas, Barrels, and Peanuts, Oh My! A Diddy Kong Combo Vid

Player-1

Smash Legend
Finally my first Combo video. This isn't the greatest vid in the world, but you have to give me credit. I recorded this with my brand new camera I hardly know how to work, this was my first time working with Windows Movie Maker or any editing software, and this was rushed. The next one, after I get more of an idea of recording stuff, will be much much better.

Combo Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9HwEeZMKQ

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
lol at 3:45 I thought you spiked him when the level was upside down
...but then I realized that the camera was upside down.

Awesome work.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
haha okay combo vid, the people you played sucked though. I mean that blaze guy played tried to do a smash right in front of you with ike, i mean how stupid can you get lmao.

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol at 3:45 I thought you spiked him when the level was upside down
...but then I realized that the camera was upside down.

Awesome work.
Actually that part got messed up...I was testing something out because I've been trying to get that spike on an actual person for a while, and I guess I put in the old clip, because i got it mixed up...oh well maybe people won't be as smart as you =p

Dark Element: His main isn't Ike it was just a combo I was doing on him, he's pretty good with Fox I believe.

btnboi55

Smash Rookie
lol dark element you needa stop talkin so much serious.. but anyways... ( haha ima put this dude down all the time he tries to act like he's a know it al ) YEA MAN IM DOING IT :]

dope video man... good to see some other diddy players.... haha ring ring ring ring bananer fone.. good sense of creativity i didnt even think about that song haha niice... keep doing what your doing man stay up peace

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
lol gb you gotta calm down. look at the part where he plays blaze. are you drunk or something from a party? This guys diddy is good, he just needs better people to play.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'd appreciated if you don't insult my friends, thanks. I honestly think that half the people in the combo video could beat you.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure if your just putting the mistakes your friends made all into 1 vid, without showing their true potential. If they truely play like what they play in the video, they would stand no chance.
I was giving props to your diddy btw O.o

Player-1

Smash Legend
I realize, that and I appreciate it but I still don't like it if you insult my friends. All combo videos have stuff where there opponent made a mistake.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
Loved 2:26, pretty nice string.

Overally, you have a very nice Diddy. Good combo video, especially for your first one. Looking forward to more int he future.

One problem, your fashion sense is lacking. The green Diddy is ugly!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Green is FTW, besides:
Red Diddy: The original, not creative
Purple and Blue and Pink Diddy: Everyone takes those colors green is original
Yellow: Yellow is ugliest

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Good Diddy, Nice spikes(<3 the up b ones hahaha). Got to agree with the other dude. Opponents APPEAR to be bad. I'm not saying they are, but ya they didn't look good.

BTW I rep pink Diddy ;D

Player-1

Smash Legend
If you look at a lot of combo videos the opponents appear to be bad...look at paools diddy combo video, i think it was the first combo against Gimpy, he looked bad in that one combo but we all know he isn't

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
If you look at a lot of combo videos the opponents appear to be bad...look at paools diddy combo video, i think it was the first combo against Gimpy, he looked bad in that one combo but we all know he isn't
Not true at all. Most of the time they are good plays of the player doing the good stuff.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Green is FTW, besides:
Red Diddy: The original, not creative
Purple and Blue and Pink Diddy: Everyone takes those colors green is original
Yellow: Yellow is ugliest
diddy is so awesome he doesnt need alternate colors, son!

i respect the people who make combo vids, but I dont think i'd ever make one

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
A bit late, but I just watched it (Had been wanting to for a little while, but I lack a robust internet connection :p )

Gameplay-wise: Great Diddy I thought, it seems pretty to the point in some of the combo's. Nothing too fancy with the bananas which can be a good thing. I liked seeing applications of his spikes, as was the case with AZ's combo vid. Whether or not the opponents 'appear' bad doesn't matter, since it's the star that should look good. There was one spike in there I saw with your diddy's dair hitbox reaching above him to spike. Something to keep in mind I think, that the hitbox is his body.

Video creation-wise: I can't give much comment because I had to watch it without sound (Stupid work computer), and I probably should seeing as you put in effort to sync the music. Unfortunate that you don't have access to uber recording equipment, but not everybody has a dvd-recorder/quality recording device. You did a good job with the resources you had available to you.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Thanks vyse. I didn't really sync a whole lot of it in. It was like half of it was synced the other half wasn't. You have to have the music to listen to the credits to or it wouldn't be the same =p.

There was one spike in there I saw with your diddy's dair hitbox reaching above him to spike. Something to keep in mind I think, that the hitbox is his body.
I didn't really understand that first sentence, it sounded like an incomplete sentence to me

Top Bottom