• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Play Smash Bros WiiU November 14 at Gamestop

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
So close to the release date i'd rather just wait for the full game honestly. I mean, it most likely is 2 minute free for all with items like it was for the best buy event, but if they held down a tourney, that'd be worth it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pfft, I'll be too busy playing PM 3.5 for hours to try and play Smash 4 for maybe a few minutes. ¦D

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
The closest GameStop (that is doing this promo) to me is 96.6 miles away... Oh well. I can wait another week. :bluejump:

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Already went to Smashfest to play itback in June. I am not in a hurry to play the game now tbh. I'll wait.

the8thark

Smash Lord
They need to have one of these demo play events in a PAL region country. Because we have the extra week to wait.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Closest one to me is 20 miles. Pass. I forgot PM 3.5 was releasing tomorrow. Maybe I'll muster up the energy to care.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
I went to the demo event and there was only one guy there. The game is amazing. The Pro Controller is really awkward to use though, the guy there beat me. XD

It was so fun.

I'm not complaining though! I got to play something fun and I'm very grateful.

One more thing. The graphics are amazing and the game runs soooo smooth!

Last edited:

VegaPunk

Smash Rookie
One thing that confuses me, is that Brawl and Melee both run at 60fps, that's what I've read atleast. So why does Sm4sh seemingly run soooo much smoother?

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
One thing that confuses me, is that Brawl and Melee both run at 60fps, that's what I've read atleast. So why does Sm4sh seemingly run soooo much smoother?
Was it really possible to have those run at 60fps with weak hardware (the GameCube wasn't weak, but technology at its time of creation isn't as powerful as it is now, and the Wii wasn't powerful, so)? I just think that Smash Wii U is very visually appealing and the game is at a good pace, it felt smooth to me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't have Wii U yet. Still waiting to go back to the gamecube era.

SlyChoober

Smash Cadet
I went to the demo event and there was only one guy there. The game is amazing. The Pro Controller is really awkward to use though, the guy there beat me. XD

It was so fun.

How many matches were you able to play and what was the ruleset? Which location did you go to

mahkan

Smash Cadet

It was so fun.

I got to play the game as well and I have to agree. I didn't find the Pro Controller to be too bad but when you're used to a gamecube controller it feels weird at first.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I went to the event. The game is simply wonderful. The Nintendo rep and I used to work toegether, and after we closed (I work at GameStop) we got in some 1v1s, 3 stock.

Zelda vs Villager on Omega Temple (I won/Zelda)
Peach vs Mario on Battlefield (I won/Peach)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I posted this in the social thread, but here was my experience:
Anyone else go to Gamestop's Smash Bros for Wii U event tonight? I went to the one in my town and got to play the very first and last games in my Gamestop. Some kids showed up later in the night, and I had to teach one how to change characters as well as selecting a character. Also taught a girl how to use Jigglypuff's Sing because she really wanted to use it. At one point, the guy in charge of the Wii U had to delete all the data because he's not supposed to let us use the unlockable characters, but didn't stop us after that. We got as far as unlocking Dr. Mario. At one point, I picked Pit and Palutena's Temple just so I could activate Palutena's Guidance, and they talked about Shulk. For the very last match, one of the guys turned off items, changed it to 2 stock, and we played at Final Destination. I picked random and won with Diddy Kong. Almost won last 7 matches in a row except I lost during Sudden Death in the third to last match because of Bob-ombs. Overall, I had fun and learned Ho-Oh is in the Kalos League stage.
I forgot to mention that I left for 30 minutes to eat dinner at home around 7:30. I came back right after.

We asked if we could do 8-player Smash, but the rep would not allow us because he only had 4 pro controllers. He said no even after some of us volunteered to use our 3DS. At one point four guys decided to mess around by having Wii Fit Trainer only on the Wii Fit Studio stage. They basically messed around the whole time. A Nintendo rep took a picture of that. I won a couple matches with Ness, mostly got second or third place, and got last once. After coming back from dinner I got to play 8 matches. The first match I played as Lucina because they unlocked her while I was gone. Then I went through my favorites in order. Won as Ness (Sudden Death), Greninja (Sudden Death), Charizard, Samus, lost in Sudden Death as Marth, won as Lucina, then as said in the quoted post, won as Diddy Kong when I picked random. I think the tough players left around the time I got back from dinner though there were a few good players still around...or I just got used to the pro controller because I would mix up shield and grab during the beginning.

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
Around 15-18 people at the Gamestop I was at.

I love how crisp the game was... Actually, 'crisp' is an understatement. It was downright gorgeous!
And I got a pin, stickers, and the winners of each second match got a tote bag.
Since we weren't informed about that on the first two matches, I was able to snag one myself.

By the end, there were 8 of us left so I wrapped up in the last 15 minutes.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think everyone got a tote bag at the one I went to. There were around 14-20 who showed up, though some were there during the beginning and some were there towards the end. I had to wait at most 3 matches before I went up again, though there were times where I only had to wait one or two matches. I got a bunch of the Smash stickers as well as other Nintendo stickers, a booklet for Pokemon Art Academy with blank paper, and a pin. One poster was given to the first person in line, then two were handed out in the end. There were also codes for Pokemon ORAS demo, but I already have the demo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meh, with only less than a week away from release, I'd rather wait until I get the full game.

mahkan

Smash Cadet
I went to the event. The game is simply wonderful. The Nintendo rep and I used to work toegether, and after we closed (I work at GameStop) we got in some 1v1s, 3 stock.

Zelda vs Villager on Omega Temple (I won/Zelda)
Peach vs Mario on Battlefield (I won/Peach)
Nice. I'm sure 1v1s on the Wii U will be awesome.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
How many matches were you able to play and what was the ruleset? Which location did you go to
A couple before that personal situation. The matches were stock matches.

I got to play the game as well and I have to agree. I didn't find the Pro Controller to be too bad but when you're used to a gamecube controller it feels weird at first.
Yeah, I'm used to using the GameCube controller for Smash. Personally, though, I don't find the Pro Controller to be a comfortable controller for Smash.

Meh, with only less than a week away from release, I'd rather wait until I get the full game.
I can understand this mindset, but if it wasn't that far from where you are, what's the harm of trying it out, even if it's only three matches?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Less than 2 weeks for many people. Just remember that. But it's cool, you'll have most of the game done in the week NA has it exclusively.

Top Bottom