• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tournament - Sunday, January 6, 2008!!

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
Play N Trade Tournament

Tournament is Sunday 1/6/08

FIRST 4 PEOPLE WHO BRING IN A COPY OF THE GAME GET IN FOR FREE!!!!

WHERE

Play N Trade Games
at the District
Jamboree and Barranca Pkwy.
2433 Park Avenue (address doesn't give you correct directions online)
Tustin, CA 92782

We're right next to Johnny Rockets!

Parking/ Directions:

Coming from North of Tustin-take 5 fwy south
-exit on Jamboree Rd. and turn right
-continue on Jamboree Rd.
-exit on Warner Ave. (not a traffic light, difficult to see)
-continue, forced left turn, continue on Park Ave.
we're in the center portion of the shopping center, next to borders, johnny rockets and the amc movie theaters

Coming from South of Tustin-take 5 north
-exit on Jamboree Rd. and turn left
-continue on Jamboree Rd.
-exit on warner Ave. (not a traffic light)
-continue. Forced left turn, continue on Park Ave.
we're in the center portion of the shopping center, next to borders, johnny rockets, and the amc movie theaters

Near Borders book store or the AMC Movie Theatres

WHEN

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Time:
Tournament begins at 11:30am

be here a half an hour before tournament starts to sign up

EVENTS/COST/PRIZES

Entry Fee: $10.00

Prizes:
1st place - $50 store credit
2nd place - $25 store credit
3rd place - T-shirt

RULES

-8 minute time limit on all matches. Items off.

-Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

-First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

-Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)

-The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

-No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again.

-Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

-Each person may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.

-Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

-Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.

Contact Information:

Store Number - (714) 259-1176
email - TheDistrict@PNTmail.com

Ps: TV's lag a little bit but it's not too horrible. Nezumi is running the tournament so no johns about the rules =)

Future Tournament Dates (all tournaments subject to change):
February 17, 2008
March 2, 2008
March 16, 2008 - Brawl Tournament
April 20, 2008 - Brawl Tournament

Ultemaj1c

Smash Rookie
uhh... are the game copies for the first 4 people going to be used in the consoles, or are they just some kind of promotional thing... and if the former is true, then do they have to wait until the end of the tourney? lol

yes, I ask about the most trivial things.... >.<

hehe.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
They're actually much more laggy then they mention.

It is indeed too horrible, I've been to play N trade tournaments, like 3 actually.

Don't use an ultra technical character lol, or just think out your whole match in advance lol.

I suggest using someone who requires more timing rather than stuff like SHL, etc.

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
Play N Trade is a franchise, each one seperately owned, each one with different tvs. Stop johning

They're not thaat bad

and the games will be used for the tournament, so in essence you would have to stay the whole time.

remember it's first 4 to bring in a copy so you might want to get there early

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Cheese, don't judge until you've been there fool...

The tvs do have lag but not as much as the other tvs at other playntrades thanks to Nezumi (host)

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I've won every Play N Trade tournament around my area I've been to, there's nothing to john about.

That's cool that you guys have less laggy TVs though.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I've won every Play N Trade tournament around my area I've been to, there's nothing to john about.

That's cool that you guys have less laggy TVs though.
Where have you gone? The only ones I know of are Buena Park, Tustin and the two Irvine locations. Is there a place I'm missing?

--GCII

Ultemaj1c

Smash Rookie
That makes me want to go try to pwn you even more just so you can't say that anymore.

But I'd fail miserably.

Epic fail.

I'd probably go straight to the loser's bracket, if i'm lucky.
xD

Ultemaj1c

Smash Rookie
Yep, it's just as I thought.

Epic fail. lol

That was pretty fun for my first tourney ever though :D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What happened? I was checking Glenn's site constantly for tournament progress, but there was nothing.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
LoL Best Tourney Ever! YAH! I wont say how many people were there but top prize was t-shirt:laugh:

...I am just bitter because I wanted that t-shirt...so bad:(

Ultemaj1c

Smash Rookie
You guys make any character look good in a fight, no joke.

I might just have to start playing Jiggly just because it handed me my *** in style lol

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I am not too sure, I start my first day of working there today and I will check it out. Then I will make a thread for the tourney. Atleast for now I can tell you the prizes

1st.) $50 SC and V.I.MII
2nd) $25SC
3rd) T-shirt

MysticGod101

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I am not too sure, I start my first day of working there today and I will check it out. Then I will make a thread for the tourney. Atleast for now I can tell you the prizes

1st.) $50 SC and V.I.MII
2nd) $25SC
3rd) T-shirt
hey is it true that there might be a tourny tomorrow at the uci playntrade?

Top Bottom