• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play Brawl...For Real! (Mk banned) - November 30th, 2013 - Cumberland, RI

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Schedule
11:00 am - Doors open
12:00 pm - Sign up for Brawl Doubles
12:30 pm - Brawl Doubles Begins
3:00 pm - Brawl Doubles ends/Sign ups for singles...
3:30 pm- Brawl Singles Begin**

**If singles end at a reasonable time, a 3rd event may be done.

Venue Fee: $5
Singles Entry Fee: $10 / Person
Doubles Entry Fee: $10 / Team ($5 per person)

All prizes will be paid in cash.

Prize Pools

Singles (If there are 25 or more entrants):
1st place -55%
2nd place -30%
3rd place -10%
4th place - 5%

Singles (If there are fewer than 25 entries)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Doubles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%
*If less than 12 teams sign up, the pot split will go 65/35/0
RULES:
1 v 1 Rules

3 stocks
8 minute timer
Neutral Stages: Final Destination / Battlefield / Smashville / Yoshi’s Island / Lylat Cruise
Counter Pick Stages: Pokemon Stadium 1 / Castle Siege/ Delfino Plaza/ Frigate Orpheon/ Battleship Halberd
No Items
Percentage and Stage are the same if restart

2/3 wins
1 Stage Ban Per Player

Team Rules
3 Stocks
8 minute Timer
Neutral Stages: Final Destination / Battlefield / Smashville / Yoshi’s Island (Brawl) / Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages: Castle Seige / Pokemon Stadium 1/ Delfino Plaza/ Frigate Orpheon/Battleship Halberd
No Items
Team Attack on
Percentage and Stage are the same if restart.

Team hosting is red and other is Blue.
2/3 wins

Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

Playing a set match before you are told to play the match will get you penalized

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, it's supposed to be $10, good catch Ice Arrow. X no longer host's tournaments so Ron asked me to host Brawl's Deep 4, but I guess I could change the name to avoid confusion. Oddly enough I was considering making this one MK banned, since there is no longer a problem with the lack of tournament's since Mikeray and Bloodcross are hosting MK legal ones.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
if you ban mk you can keep it a brawls deep. ron said the next brawls deep would be this year and mk banned so...

let's keep it real here. anyone can go mk and autowin against all the characters that the ri players use. sonic? luigi? fox? zss? ness? marth? (maybe not so much fox) The BDRs are what I look forward to. I can actually use real characters like toon link and marth that are automatically invalidated when mk is in the picture (same with everyone in rhode island). if you want to host another run-of-the-mill mk legal tourney then expect nothing different from the ma/ct tourneys where the top 5 players all use metaknight.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I convinced another guy from nh to come to this (or at least probably) who went to a dna gaming in like 2011 but that was his only tourney

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
So I actually have changed this to mk ban, and I apologize if this affects anyone decision on going. However, I will add $5 to the prize pot, for every NE player on the current PR, providing they enter both singles AND doubles. Most Players enter both anyway so I don't see it as too much of a problem. I also added Delfino and Frigate to the stage list for cps.

Also just a reminder, there are plenty of mk legal tournaments at HS game center, including RIgor Mortis later this month and the HS Championship in December.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, getting my local college really interested in this, so I'd really appreciate the out of state support.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Just added Halberd to the stage list, I don't know why I didn't add it in 1st place since this is mk banned.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Less than 2 weeks away!! Also, would anyone going mind bringing a set-up? The venue has plenty of TVs, but wiis and brawl discs would be greatly appreciated to ensure a faster tournament and more time for friendlies. On another note, the venue opens at 11am, not 10am like I had previously posted, just so no one accidentally arrives an hour before the place opens.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
You know my setup and ICs will be here no matter what the stagelist and ruleset is. Also I am going to bring out my DDD and Diddy since I never practice at all anymore and don't want to drop every grab(even though I always did anyways). Somehow I can still do the diddy infinite but not the ICs chain grab anyways. So cant wait! Also is there a NE Power Rankings anymore?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there's still a NE PR, it's on the NE Brawl Facebook Page. Also, glad to know you're going. I haven't seen you at any of the recent NE tournaments.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya, I have been focusing on school and soccer lately and my games are unfortunately always on Saturdays. Now I have a lot more time since Soccer is over so I'll be attending a lot more frequently. But I stopped practicing as frequently because Smash 4 is coming out soon and I would rather speedrun until then. So now I will lose to Luigi like Hinkage as MK. Its pretty crazy how good your Luigi got. Is RI going to go to Apex? You guys need to go to a national eventually.

Also where is the NE Brawl Facebook Page?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Well just because I beat hinkage doesn't mean I'll beat you. Don't forget Brawl is one of the games where you don't need constant practice to get better. Besides, I lost to quest's mk and got 0-2'd by zodi. Yeah I've been busy with school too, that's why I'm hosting it Thanksgiving break. Figured everyone be off from school and have some down time. Idk about Apex as me and KC are the only two real active RI players. Ricius King comes once in a while.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Brawl is one of those games where you don't need constant practice unless you main ICs lol. Also I used to practice 2 hours a day learning desynchs and perfecting CGs and they still never helped me out. And ya, Hinkage doesn't really know the Luigi as good as me probably but im still afraid of that Luigi.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Only a few days away! And Ice Arrow, always great to see new players. See you and your friend Saturday.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya, he went to a DNA a while back but that's it. He played against Sails and he used ICs at the time. We will pull out double ICs in teams as well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I might go because 4 day weekend boredom, putting that "no practice" theory to the test lol

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty cool Ice Arrow, since Quest said he's also bringing someone from NH who also went to DNA back in 2011. Tomorrow's the big day, let's get a good turnout!

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Oh lol same, my second tournament ever was when he went to the tournament. He did pretty well beating locals and did better than me but I'm now way better and I mained the same character but I know how to Desynch and Chaingrab now.

Top Bottom