• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play a Real Game 2 Results- Irving, TX

xoRi

Smash Rookie
(actually you probably will, I'm not too great at the game)

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
This was just a fun tournament plain and simple. My first tournament too actually. I didn't get to know people personally this time around, but hopefully that'll change once I start going to these things more consistently. I know I got to play a lot of y'all and it really helped me improve my Yoshi game. I definitely got my *** handed to me this time around and I killed myself quite a bit but I've been practicing since then! Hopefully I'll see y'all again at Bowser's Revenge for some rematches!

Shout out to everybody in pool 9, GG's

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, it's been two weeks since PaRG2! Let's play the "Who's names do I remember?" game with some Shoutouts.

Oracle! Thank ya kindly for hosting another huge tournament! Always a pleasure to head that way and play. Also, I was all excited about the Swiss system, and it was a shame we couldn't use it (though more exciting that there were too many players for that to be a viable option at the time). Pools are just as fun, especially when I get to play someone I've played against at every tournament we've been at so far practically! Speaking of...
SouthernGent! WE ALWAYS PLAY EACH OTHER HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. You're a considerably more hype building commentator and leader for a pool than I. Tight play as always.
Q7! What'd ja think of yer first tournament?
• Shouts to my pool for having little Lucario knowledge, not banning Rob's jankified stages (Except for SGent, who wouldn't let me initiate the silly.), and having 50% of the Pikachu player population. Starting to think I frauded my way through to 4th in that pool.
The players on the teams we played in doubles who's names I can't remember oh and Bomb since I can recall him! You guys won doubles, right? 'Cause... ya beat us... so you were supposed to win.
• Shouts to Aliami for the name tags and some of the best battle cries ever.
G Rabbit for educating me on just how reliant I am on a bad strategy. "SHFFLnair was punished? Do it again!" -DG's Brain. Your Kirby is awesome!
• Sethlon's T-Shirt because I don't think I've done a shoutout to an inanimate object yet that had written upon it brilliant words of defiant justice.
2-Bit accompanying the quest for snackage. I didn't see ya much at the tournament after that, unfortunately.
Everyone else who's name I forgot who made the tournament atmosphere what it was.
• A nod to the S-Ville Loading Crew (a.k.a. GGER), for being able to lift those hulking TVs so frequently! Gonna buy you a shirt one day!

• Oh yes, and a shoutout to Tripp, my perpetual practice buddy, who has shown ridiculous improvement since last tourney and has enabled me to do the same. Next stop: bracket!

Great tournament! Can't wait for PaRG3! Out fer now.

Top Bottom