• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Play 2 Win] Competitive Community Podcast (SMASH BACKROOM DISCUSSION - EPISODE 12)

SiD

Smash Master
We can definitely send Kabyk. He'll need something to defend himself though...

Got it! We'll cover him in blood. That way, the raptors will be too scared to eat him, for fear he is a murderer of hookers. Rightfully so.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I would take Hippo. The amount of blubber will keep the velociraptors busy for a while (need to dig through the fat to get to the meat); thus giving me, a chance to get by.

And I'll do the same with Wigz on the way back. Some may say that would defeat the purpose of the rescue wigz mission, but it's never pointless if I survive.

RDK

Smash Hero
For those unaware, we will be discussing the Metaknight ban criteria on tonight's podcast.

Stay classy, San Diego!

Revven

FrankerZ
Just so you guys know, like in the beginning of the podcast, one of you said (not sure who) you need a hacked Wii for B+, BBrawl, and etc. but you actually don't. There's a process called StackSmash in which you use Brawl to boot Gecko OS and then load Brawl again through Gecko OS. That's not a hacked Wii, a hacked Wii is what has the Homebrew Channel installed and BootMii and so forth. This method, isn't modifying your Wii in any way, henceforth it is not hacking your Wii.

Just fyi, so it is ENTIRELY possible to make any of the modded games standard if they ever got popular enough. It'd just be extremely hard to manage as a whole and probably not worth the effort to do.

SiD

Smash Master
Just so you guys know, like in the beginning of the podcast, one of you said (not sure who) you need a hacked Wii for B+, BBrawl, and etc. but you actually don't. There's a process called StackSmash in which you use Brawl to boot Gecko OS and then load Brawl again through Gecko OS. That's not a hacked Wii, a hacked Wii is what has the Homebrew Channel installed and BootMii and so forth. This method, isn't modifying your Wii in any way, henceforth it is not hacking your Wii..
See RDK I ****ing told you a hacked Wii wasn't required.

RDK

Smash Hero
See RDK I ****ing told you a hacked Wii wasn't required.
A hacked Wii implies any changes to the console that were not originally intentioned by the developers. This includes stacking, GeckoOS, and any other materials from the hacking community. Whether or not you have the HBC on your Wii has nothing to do with it. All of these things are hacking.

SiD was the one who was confused. He thought that you could just pop in your SD card with some vague undefined thing (when I asked him he didn't even know what it was himself) and then Brawl+ would mysteriously come up on the screen.

I've had a hacked Wii since they first started experimenting with it and I know what I'm talking about.

SiD just needs to go in his corner and eat his soup.

SiD

Smash Master
I did not think it was some magical thing...

And your idea of hacked is far too vague. That's like saying your CD player is hacked if it plays a burned CD...you didn't have to do anything to the CD player to get it to work.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hacking refers to modifying, you're not modifying the Wii in any way, you are however modifying Brawl. In which case you'd say "you need a hacked Brawl" not "you need a hacked Wii", two totally different things. People typically don't say "you need a hacked Brawl" though because it sounds really, really, weird so it's just easier to say "hacked Wii" since it's more understood.

If I showed someone say, Brawl Minus, and they asked how I did this do you think they'd understand if I said "you need a hacked Brawl"? No, they wouldn't, they'd probe further and then explaining the process to "hack Brawl" would unfold.

Regardless of how you say it, saying "hacked Wii" is more understood to be as "needing the Homebrew Channel", when you say you don't need a hacked Wii, that's when people are interested. You're not hacking the Wii (modifying the console), you're modifying Brawl (hacking Brawl), period. It doesn't ever touch the Wii's NAND, files, or anything. RDK, using the term "hacked" in your light is plain wrong and will just turn people off from ever being able to use codes.

The process doesn't modify the Wii (or hack it), it modifies Brawl, it EXPLOITS Brawl not anything the Wii does.

I hate repeating myself like I did at least 2 times above to get a point across but w/e, just trying to be clear. You just boot Brawl normally to even be able to modify the game to use Gecko OS so it isn't even again, modifying the Wii to do what you want it to like the HBC does.

What turns people off from doing the HBC are two things:

1) Warranty is void
2) Possible chance of brick (they think there is but there really isn't).

The only way to gauge these people's interests is to say you don't need a hacked Wii but rather, just an exploit through Brawl (as stated earlier).

Finally, bragging about how long you've had your Wii hacked means nothing. I could brag too if I wanted to about how long I've been in the scene as well. It doesn't help your argument at all it rather proves the opposite of how much you know.

RDK

Smash Hero
Hacking refers to modifying, you're not modifying the Wii in any way, you are however modifying Brawl. In which case you'd say "you need a hacked Brawl" not "you need a hacked Wii", two totally different things. People typically don't say "you need a hacked Brawl" though because it sounds really, really, weird so it's just easier to say "hacked Wii" since it's more understood.

If I showed someone say, Brawl Minus, and they asked how I did this do you think they'd understand if I said "you need a hacked Brawl"? No, they wouldn't, they'd probe further and then explaining the process to "hack Brawl" would unfold.

Regardless of how you say it, saying "hacked Wii" is more understood to be as "needing the Homebrew Channel", when you say you don't need a hacked Wii, that's when people are interested. You're not hacking the Wii (modifying the console), you're modifying Brawl (hacking Brawl), period. It doesn't ever touch the Wii's NAND, files, or anything. RDK, using the term "hacked" in your light is plain wrong and will just turn people off from ever being able to use codes.

The process doesn't modify the Wii (or hack it), it modifies Brawl, it EXPLOITS Brawl not anything the Wii does.

I hate repeating myself like I did at least 2 times above to get a point across but w/e, just trying to be clear. You just boot Brawl normally to even be able to modify the game to use Gecko OS so it isn't even again, modifying the Wii to do what you want it to like the HBC does.

What turns people off from doing the HBC are two things:

1) Warranty is void
2) Possible chance of brick (they think there is but there really isn't).

The only way to gauge these people's interests is to say you don't need a hacked Wii but rather, just an exploit through Brawl (as stated earlier).

Finally, bragging about how long you've had your Wii hacked means nothing. I could brag too if I wanted to about how long I've been in the scene as well. It doesn't help your argument at all it rather proves the opposite of how much you know.
Using GeckoOS or any extension of it is still modifying the Wii, which is what I referred to as "hacking". Your definition may be different than other people's.

This is a pointless discussion anyway; we were talking about the possibility of using Brawl+ or Project M in a standard tournament setting.

RDK

Smash Hero
I drank toast once.

Wigz, will you be joining them for the N00bcast 2.0?

*GIGGLES*

I Play 4 Toast

Smash Rookie
needs moar podcast

i have a mailtime question

do youko and samuraipanda suck at smash?

also, since you guys have already tried brawl+ and project m could you talk about your experiences with it

RDK

Smash Hero
Thanks for the mailtime question.

As a heads up, we'll be having Jack Kieser, the founder of the Item Standar Play tournament format, on the podcast to talk about ISP and his new community experiment.

Also Del Money will be joining us if we can ever get him to leave KFC. Oh and Smooth Criminal will be joining us if we can get him to find a job so he can purchase a computer that isn't a piece of garbage so he can download Skype and come onto the podcast with us again.

Oh and Jordan Kit a.k.a. WGWOLVERINE will be joining us once again if we can ever get him to stop being a *****.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So this is the part where I come in and be Mr. Mean Moderator, saying that if any of you attack the Brawl boards advertising this thread like you did today, I will personally close this thread down.

Podcast affiliations aside, there is no reason for SIXTEEN threads to be made on one board.

/warning
/toast

Best of luck bringing the show back, guys!

RDK

Smash Hero
So this is the part where I come in and be Mr. Mean Moderator, saying that if any of you attack the Brawl boards advertising this thread like you did today, I will personally close this thread down.

Podcast affiliations aside, there is no reason for SIXTEEN threads to be made on one board.

/warning
/toast

Best of luck bringing the show back, guys!
HAHA, wow, I just looked at the front page. I assure you that wasn't any of us.

SiD

Smash Master
I suppose quality podcasting just inspires a certain class of fan. You wouldn't understand, Youko. We can't be blamed for that.

[p2w] in no way condones such behavior, however.

Anyway, stay tuned for the new podcast, coming Wednesday!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You're right you can't be blamed for that, but we can't be blamed for shutting down the root of the problem because unlike you we don't like to look at garbage for an entire page of the boards.

I suppose someone with their **** to far up their own *** wouldn't understand though.

Seriously reign em in, before somebody with an actual mean face comes in here and not Youko the sweet heart.

RDK

Smash Hero
Whoa, whoa, guys. Let's get back on topic.

Jack Kieser's comin in tha buildin.

I hope you all are ready for the next episode.

hold up

heyyyyyyyy

for my *****z who be thinkin we soft

we don't, caaaare

we gon' rock it til the wheels fall off

hold up

heyyyyyyyy

for my *****z who be actin too bold

Take a

seeaaaaaat

hope you ready for the next episode

hey hey hey hey

SiD

Smash Master
I'm surprised anything is surprising still nowadays.

Don't forget guys, tomorrow night, 10 pm est we record the next episode! You in Wigz?

SiD

Smash Master
To be fair RDK, there have been times when you didn't show up when you were supposed too....

But I'm sorry, I fell asleep. Stupid school.

RDK

Smash Hero
I couldnt, had to work, toast doesnt it make itself.
Well this is false; my Google Chrome produced a gratuitous amount of toast just the other day.

Oh and BTW podcast is rescheduled for Thursday to those who are lazy and don't read forum posts.

I Play 4 Toast

Smash Rookie
where's mah podcast

also, i'm glad to see you guys are doing serious episode this time

*puts on srs face*

Top Bottom