• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

platform missle

Kilah

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble doing a platform missle at any of the platform stages, (yoshi island, pokemon stadium, ect) whenever i drop down, i use a smash missle but i guess im not doing it fast enough and it's cancelling the whole missle. i'm doing it as fast as i possibly can but maybe im doing something wrong.

Mr Hangman

Smash Rookie
You probably just need to go faster. It's tough, I frequently accidently drop a bomb after falling through the platform.

Go to practice mode and turn the speed to 1/4. Figure out what works best for you and when you're ready increase the speed until you can to it reliably on full speed.

Also, I think it helps to manually move the analog stick back to neutral after dropping through the platform, then firing the missile. Rolling from down to left/right tends to cause problems, and just letting it snap back seems to increase the chances of making a mistake.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
its like doing a hadoukun but fast. like mr hangman said just practice and youll get it.for higher platforms double jump fast.

AIDS

Smash Lord
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A WHOLE THREAD FOR ONE "SIMPLE" QUESTION, OR SEEKING ADVICE ON A "SMALL" TOPIC!

anyway, clearly we need more advice on lower platforms like yoshi's story, and pokemon stadium short hop missle, fall through missle is effective, in other stages you must double jump cancle as fast as you can such as dreamland, battle field, etc.

to double jump cancle jump, and as soon as u press it, press jump again, mid air jump is the perfect hight for most of these platforms.

Top Bottom