• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Double Missile Cancel-Still good

Gum

Smash Journeyman
I know this was mentioned before a while back, but for those who don't know, you can still do the PDMC. The difference in Brawl is that it's not as fast as in melee (what is?) I practiced this mainly on battlefield, so those are the pltforms Im gonna be talking about. Firstly, you have to full hop to get on the platform to fire the missile. You then have to shield cancel your landing in order to fall through the platform fast enough to shoot another missile below to keep it going. Its wierd as hell, but with enough practice and godly dexterity, you can get a good stream of homing missiles going high and low. After practicing this for like an hour and 30 minutes I was able to get a really good edge guard and pressure going. Just mentioning it I guess. Im gonna try to incorporate it just to mix things up a bit.

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
The moving platform on Smashville is also extremely effective for this.
It is a bit taller, so it's possible to land from the full hop faster.

Ive tried a bit on Battlefield, and, it was pretty hard to get right.

And yes, dexterity needed.

paul1290

Smash Rookie
I didn't know it still worked in Brawl. I really have to try this since right now I have problems using missiles on stages with platforms like Battlefield.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
yeah I can get a video up.

@Kongfucious: I don't think its really better than either of those techniques from melee. You cant smash missile it in Brawl to my knowledge. I tried it and they come out to slow in the animation. In the brawl environment though its pretty cool because a lot of people like to rush in and jump over your low homing missile. The high one can catch them in the air, and if they air dodge you can catch them with any of your moves when you drop down.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
i'll try to get a video up as soon as I can, but basically after you fire the high missile and land on the platform above you, you can't just drop back down through the platform immediately like you could in melee. To fall through you have to shield as SOON as you land on the platform, and then you can drop through it quick enough to fire another missile while the other is still airborne.

Top Bottom