• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Canceling with the DJ?

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I know it's been mentioned somewhere before a while ago, but does anyone use it? To me it seems to have less lag than wavelanding, so you can go directly to a smash or w/e you want. You can also turn yourself around so you face the other way when you land.

Sorry if it's vague, but I think if you're still reading these forums you'd know how it works already. Lazy johns.

Oracle

Smash Master
I know it's been mentioned somewhere before a while ago, but does anyone use it? To me it seems to have less lag than wavelanding, so you can go directly to a smash or w/e you want. You can also turn yourself around so you face the other way when you land.

Sorry if it's vague, but I think if you're still reading these forums you'd know how it works already. Lazy johns.
Theoretically it should have the 10 frames of landing lag, but I think something has to do with it being during the jump.

It's pretty situational. Good for mindgames, though.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
The only times I think it can be used practically is coming up through platforms.

On the lower platforms of battlefield, yoshi's story, pokemon stadium, and dream land it can probably be used to climb the stage quicker. I'm not sure on the frame data, maybe i'm just imagining it to be faster lol. Someone else what to try?

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I am 99% sure it has less that normal landing lag. If you input it fast enough you can cancel your initial jump animation as well. I don't really use it too much, but it is something I wouldn't mind adding in every once in a while. I find the timing to be pretty easy too, so yeah...

Top Bottom