• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform AI

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen anyone talk about this, and I'm not sure if it's even known (or at least explored) but Falcon can use AIs (Aerial Interrupt) to get to platform quicker then wavelanding. It requires using doublejump so abuse it's tiny ECB. You can use any aerial except Upair.

Battlefield lower plats:
Waveland - act on 25

Quickest AI:
1 - Jump
5 - DoubleJump (first frame airborne)
16 - Aerial
20 - Actionable

DJ on shorthop airborne frame # | Size of aerial window
1 | 2*

*Only bair and nair. rest are 1

Dreamland lower plats:
Waveland - act on 26

Quickest AI:
1 - Jump
5 - DoubleJump (first frame airborne)
17 - Aerial
21 - Actionable

DJ on shorthop airborne frame # | Size of aerial window
1 | 5*
2 | 2**
3 | 1
4 | 1

*3 for dair, 4 for fair, 5 for nair, bair works after but starts to take longer to land
**1 for dair and fair

PStadium Neutral Plats:
- Not Possible
Yoshis lower plat from flat:
- Not Possible

Probably most useful for platform techchasing. But for the most optimal play should replace anytime you want to waveland in place.

Oh yeah and it works to get to top platforms, as I bet most of you know already, no point making frame data though as there are way too many variables. Just make sure to aerial on DJ Frame 11 or above and use nair or bair for the most success.

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
yeh its an instant doublejump then bair/nair when you are just above the platform. try it on dreamland before anywhere else.

id make gifs but no dolphin atm

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
When I was moving around on FoD, i did what seems like (to me at the very least) an AI with falcons knee(with a running jump from the other side of the stage, with the slightly raised side-platform) on the low side-platform and was surprised when I got the dash back so early and quickly. I was able to replicate and do it again, I think there are some interesting applications of to it .

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
When I was moving around on FoD, i did what seems like (to me at the very least) an AI with falcons knee(with a running jump from the other side of the stage, with the slightly raised side-platform) on the low side-platform and was surprised when I got the dash back so early and quickly. I was able to replicate and do it again, I think there are some interesting applications of to it .
There are 2 types of Platform AI
1) Using the aerial to snap to the platform whilst rising above it:

2) Using the aerial to raise yourself higher and reach platforms that you would not reach without the aerial

I honestly can't tell which one of these you are experiencing if any. There are a couple platform heights on FoD that #2 type AIs works from the ground with a shorthop, and likely a couple cases of #1 type (falcon doesn't have that much luck with these unless done from a backwards jump or a doublejump).

If it was #2, then I have good news. Yoshis is THE stage for type #2 Platform AIs. From the lower platform > shorthop to top platform, like the falco gfy above. A lot of characters, falcon included, will not reach the top platform with a forward facing short hop. If he uses an aerial, he will raise up enough to land on it. Each of falcons aerials have a different use for this. Upair and nair will provide hitboxes before landing, fair will land very quickly (can land in early autocancel frames), and dair would probably be best for edgecancelling on the far side, bair won't work though.

Last edited:

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
I need to dolphin/ debug that to see if it matches with #2. I'll look into it I have another iso ready with debug mode in it for my hacked wii.

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
I found a way to do it on Pokemon neutral platforms using a backwards double jump. Backwards double jumps work on the other stages too, but didn't seem faster in my limited testing, anyway, here is the write up for pokemon.
PStadium Neutral Plats:

Waveland – act on 25

Quickest AI:
1 – Jump
5 – DoubleJump Backwards(first frame airborne)
15 – Aerial
18 – Actionable

Dj on shorthop airborne frame # | Size of aerial window
1|1

I still didn't find anything for Yoshis :/

Top Bottom