• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan to use fox in smash 4?

M@v

Subarashii!
Or at least try him and see how he feels?

I'm at least trying him. I'm really hoping I get a new character I'm super hyped about. But fox remains one of my favorite veterans.

RPK

Smash Lord
Ive been through so much stuff with Fox, itd be silly not to try him out. Him and Samus. Tho I gotta give Ganon, and Jigs a shot as they were my mains in Melee and Im hoping theyre not bottom tier characters like they are in Brawl :<

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
depends heavily on many things.

from what i've seen fox might be worth it.
this depends on if i even play the game either : P

could end up with another brawl for all we know.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I still have 0 doubts that I will be playing Fox IF I pick up Wii U and Smash. I just hope it wouldn't be something better than Brawl even though I am content with Brawl as of now. Please, no more chaingrabs...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I'll play fox, thats if I pick up a Wii U.
Same here really... I will see if Wii U is a nice little device first. That will be SOON. I just hope that Fox isn't going to be bad because that will make me sad all over again.

RPK

Smash Lord
I dont think Fox has ever been bad. Also thoughts and feelings on Fox having a knockaway move at the end of his jabs rather than rapid kicks!

TKD

Smash Lord
Yeah Fox will never be bad in any Smash game. Has too many great universal traits in Smash Bros like large low start-up jumps, fast falling, having that blaster and the fact that usmash is always super strong and shine has been very useful in every game now. Also the speed and combo-friendly moveset they always give him...he'd have to change drastically in order to be bad.

I know he'll be high tier as always and will main him like I've done in every other Smash game.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
I'll main him. He's never been a bad character in any smash game. After seeing him in action at the E3 tourney, he seems pretty decent atm.

Last edited:

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
I might give him a shot in ssb4, I made the mistake of disliking the starfox characters in brawl...
Thought it was kinda lame that it was essentially 2 clones, definitely changed my mind though
:wolf: for days

leeprtr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeprtr
3DS FC
4210-4734-6362
ill probably main him, or main little mac
i like fast characters :p

RPK

Smash Lord
Well...Atleast from what Ive played from Smash 4, His blaster has landing lag so its not the mobile poking tool it used to be, fair doesnt increase jump distance, and Ive heard they nerfed his shine again by giving it more lag so you can stall in the air with it anymore. Also with the addition of lag at the end of air dodges, I think will hurt fox. Also his upsmash is definitely not super strong like in the other smash games, but to make up for it, they kept his low lag aerials, gave him a faster fall speed, gave him greater combos because of the increase in hitstun, an side B that can go into Up B for a better recovery, the ability to abuse his great dash without the worry of tripping as well as being able to pivot into anything. But yeah, I just hope his KO power is still what it used to be.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
So, since his side b doesn't puts him in a free fall anymore, so it might be possible to illusion cancel(If it's still in) to an follow up aerial.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
After my breakup with Yoshi, I've taken up Fox. He's a character in Nintendo's database that doesn't get as much love as he should.

Top Bottom