• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plaform drop forward B tech.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
I tend to mess with this and don't know if it's common knowledge so I figured I'd post it.

Basically what you do is platform drop and as soon as you do press forward B. It should look like you just hop into a forward B. When you hit with the first hit you can sneak a fair or uair in before you land. It has it's mix ups like holding down during the first hit and just floating through the platform.

Well that's that. Hope you guys find something useful out of it.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
mm
i find it risky because:
1.- CCable
2.- don't have nice downwards priority, if oponentis going for an Uair, or rising Nair, they will probably outpriorise you
3.- it isnt that fast
4.- as miggz said, some heavy chars even though they get the hit, they can block afterwards.

personally, if im on a plataform and my oponent is down, ill run to the edge and Bair his face, or you can fall through and Dair inmediately, has nice range and startup time, and most people will try and hit you. Its riksy though because its laggy even if you cancel it.

what you say, maybe can work on a jigs or peach or luigi, it can be another option so to be less predictable.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Yeah it isn't too threatening. I was mainly thinking of using this on shielded opponents or if a fair combo brought you to the height of a platform you could land and slow it down with this. Sadly I haven't been able to play anyone and test this out but I been messing with it's applications.

If it gets CCed you can try and just finish the forward B combo.

Top Bottom