• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Placebo Workshop

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
why would there be a joke there
Because Ganon is a Falcon clone, so he's not really himself to begin with. (so saying "making a better Ganon than Ganon himself" really isn't that hard... if you know what you're doing)

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
ah yes ganon is a falcon clone in smash 4
Especially in Melee. He was sorta decloned in his animations in Brawl and, by extend, Smash 4 (and I believe his moveset was completely decloned from Brawl to PM, but I wouldn't really know since I don't even play PM). That means that, excluding moveset PSAs for Brawl and customs for Smash 4, Ganondorf is still a Falcon clone in those games.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
duh

yeah sure if anyone wants to do the model work for him
1. Too bad, then. I was ready to test anything you create on vBrawl that wasn't a moveset or sound pack, but it's PM-exclusive content. Oh well, I'll be waiting for your next mod then.
2. Doesn't VirtuaBoy already have a model? I mean, I've seen plenty of Virtual Boy themed ROBs on Brawl Vault.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I dunno if this is actually serious or not
Well, since it's based off PM's Dr Mario, I can't really make screenshots of it without them being somewhat inaccurate (because of two things: 1. I'm NEVER gonna get PM, simply because I don't want to, and I won't get it just because a skin is based off PM-only content. 2. I don't like being inaccurate but I care too much for Brawl to change it to PM, eventually making this scenario a problem)

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
1. Too bad, then. I was ready to test anything you create on vBrawl that wasn't a moveset or sound pack, but it's PM-exclusive content. Oh well, I'll be waiting for your next mod then.
2. Doesn't VirtuaBoy already have a model? I mean, I've seen plenty of Virtual Boy themed ROBs on Brawl Vault.
Are you new here? I only make PM content, I don't give a quarter of a crap about vBrawl.

also crap I got screens days ago and I still haven't uploaded it WHOOPS
edit: it's up

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Are you new here? I only make PM content, I don't give a quarter of a crap about vBrawl.

also crap I got screens days ago and I still haven't uploaded it WHOOPS
edit: it's up
1. Well, technically, yes and no. I've been here on Smashboards since pre-Ballot days, however I left it for a rather long time (on the flip-side, I'm rather new to Brawl Vault and its forums). And I know you don't care about vBrawl, but there may be people who care and are interested in some of your work (like myself), plus I've tried mods on the Vault that were created with PM in mind but works fine if not perfectly in vBrawl. I'm also willing to take screenshots (since nowadays I use Dolphin, which by the way provides an easy way to make screenshots), to prove any compatibility with vBrawl, in case people DO care.
2. Is it me or do I ALWAYS seem to bump into your stuff when I'm looking at the vault? First the Perfectionist Anime Swordsman thing and now this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213317

PS: I can also create recolors, if you're interested (as I heavily believes recolors are pretty much one of the only thing that doesn't really change between vBrawl and PM, so regardless of where you use them, they'll work as long as they're on the right character), although I believe you already have that covered.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
By the way expect a Metal Mario update soon, Rage83 gave me some animations to use for the guy and I might contribute a thing or two as well

Edit: since he is no longer held back by the self-imposed limits of Project Clone, he will have more than 3 unique moves compared to vPM Mario

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
By the way expect a Metal Mario update soon, Rage83 gave me some animations to use for the guy and I might contribute a thing or two as well

Edit: since he is no longer held back by the self-imposed limits of Project Clone, he will have more than 3 unique moves compared to vPM Mario
You might want to keep the original then. Some people might not like the changes (and I'm not talking about me or anybody I know. I'm talking about the possible yet unknown for now).

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
You might want to keep the original then. Some people might not like the changes (and I'm not talking about me or anybody I know. I'm talking about the possible yet unknown for now).
You could say that about any PSA update, so I don't consider that as a vital factor
That said, I will have the previous version on my computer still, so if anyone wants it for whatever reason they can just ask

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
You could say that about any PSA update, so I don't consider that as a vital factor
That said, I will have the previous version on my computer still, so if anyone wants it for whatever reason they can just ask
k

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Extremmefan we really do not care about your life story. There is literally no reason not to try PM to test out some hacks SPECIFICALLY made for it. Why would you even be on this thread if you only play vBrawl?

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I just looked at the project clone thread because i didn't know why i didn't get any notifs and i found out that you're still alive. Good!

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Extremmefan we really do not care about your life story. There is literally no reason not to try PM to test out some hacks SPECIFICALLY made for it. Why would you even be on this thread if you only play vBrawl?
1. Actually there is: laziness coupled with a grudge or personal bias.
2. I'm on this thread mostly because of the Daisy PSA. Also because I liked the original concept behind Project Clone and am interested in what the one behind is gonna make in the future. Does that answer your question clearly?

someguy267

Smash Rookie
No, it does not. Laziness means absolutely nothing, it's incredibly easy to install, and is actually more accessible than Brawl for mods, along with being more supported. And what sort of grudge do you have with PM?

Also, you meantioned being here for the Daisy PSA, made for PM. I understand using it for vBrawl, but if you dislike the PM playstyle, then you would need to edit Daisy to give her vBrawl traits and gravity. And you also went on about a character no one knew about, and annoyed the creator to make a PSA of the character. Like why.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
No, it does not. Laziness means absolutely nothing, it's incredibly easy to install, and is actually more accessible than Brawl for mods, along with being more supported. And what sort of grudge do you have with PM?

Also, you meantioned being here for the Daisy PSA, made for PM. I understand using it for vBrawl, but if you dislike the PM playstyle, then you would need to edit Daisy to give her vBrawl traits and gravity. And you also went on about a character no one knew about, and annoyed the creator to make a PSA of the character. Like why.
I didn't mean that I was too lazy to install it, but rather too lazy to even try to find a DL link. And it's more of a personal bias: I've spent a long time not knowing Brawl mods were a thing, and I was glad at the time because even if one did create mods back then, I didn't know about it, as it was nothing too major, and with how much I liked Brawl, I felt like the game was one of the best games ever made (keep in mind, that was long ago) and didn't need any changes. But then, I've heard of Project M, and I was... heartbroken by the reason why it existed: others were disappointed in Brawl, for gameplay reasons (that I've seriously haven't considered at the time), and thought it would be better if it was literally "Melee HD", so that's what they opted for basically. I was literally heartbroken that they used something illegal (aka hacking) for their selfish needs (well, ok, not TOO selfish, but at core, it still is a bit selfish), and on the game I used to love so much... there are no words to describe the anger I felt back then. And even though it's a past event, I still stand by this.

If I just need to edit her, then tell me exactly what I'll have to edit, and I'll probably be gone. Also, you likely mean when I requested Eclair. Even though that was only a texture request (which is compatible between vBrawl and PM because it's just textures), I felt like clarifying why, because I naturally enjoy expanding on characters, and I don't like leaving others in the dark when it comes to information I DO know. Also, I didn't want a PSA, I merely wanted a texture swap. If I sounded annoying, then sorry, that was purely unintentional and I apologize.

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Jesus Christ. That was so bloody dramatic and stupid. "Oh no, someone changed the gameplay of a game I love." Grow up. They wanted to change it, so they changed it. In fact, it was barely selfish since an enitre community wanted the game to be more like melee. And there is no way you can talk about modding "selfishly", especially since we see what you post in this thread. You ask for what you want and only mod for what you want. That's selfish. An entire team of modders editing a game to pleas themselves and the community that want it to make the entire metagame more popular and revolutionise the way modding is seen by creating the most popular mod is NOT selfish.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Jesus Christ. That was so bloody dramatic and stupid. "Oh no, someone changed the gameplay of a game I love." Grow up. They wanted to change it, so they changed it. In fact, it was barely selfish since an enitre community wanted the game to be more like melee. And there is no way you can talk about modding "selfishly", especially since we see what you post in this thread. You ask for what you want and only mod for what you want. That's selfish. An entire team of modders editing a game to pleas themselves and the community that want it to make the entire metagame more popular and revolutionise the way modding is seen by creating the most popular mod is NOT selfish.
I agree that was a bit overdramatic on my part, and I worded some parts poorly (especially the "selfish" parts. Let's just say, I'm not happy with the fact that they likely thought it was bad enough to deserve being changed), but it is my personal bias, and I did try to explain how I felt at the time.
And while it isn't exactly selfish, I always felt like it was a "just because the majority doesn't like the original we're allowed to make a better version" type of logic, which I, mind you, often despised.

Edge Maverickz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-4137-3764
Man, if only I could change Ninten to have a Pichu-equse system where he has an Asthma bar, and if it fills up, Ninten's moves damage himself. But to balance it out, his attacks are bit more powerful then Lucas or Ness.

FGUG2021

Smash Rookie
With the ideas for Project Clone for Dark Pit will there be a sm4sh styled dark pit/pit? i prefer sm4sh's recovery over project m but as far as mechanics go. I would rather test out Project Clone's Dark Pit+Sm4sh Side/Up Special+Darkness Effect for some of his attacks. Could someone possibly accept this request unless it's too much?

Last edited:
Top Bottom