• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Placebo Workshop

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

3WeekHeadaches

Smash Cadet
>Clone Dev's icon is Fukua from Skullgirls
The IRONY.
Anyways, I had an idea. What if, in Sm4sh, Dark Pit was still a "clone" in a way, although dealing and taking more damage.
Making him a risker and more rewarding character to play aside from "edgy pit with a couple differences."
****, maybe even make a seperate PSA for Dark Pit or just use that one you made for Clone to use in vBrawl or PM with those changes.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
>Clone Dev's icon is Fukua from Skullgirls
The IRONY.
half intentional, half me liking Fukua
Anyways, I had an idea. What if, in Sm4sh, Dark Pit was still a "clone" in a way, although dealing and taking more damage.
Making him a risker and more rewarding character to play aside from "edgy pit with a couple differences."
If all goes according to plan, you're gonna like my first Gamebanana release
****, maybe even make a seperate PSA for Dark Pit or just use that one you made for Clone to use in vBrawl or PM with those changes.
I plan on enhancing some of the Clone PSAs that are already out. I'm quite proud of what I did for Dark Pit in PM

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
If all goes according to plan, you're gonna like my first Gamebanana release
I plan on enhancing some of the Clone PSAs that are already out. I'm quite proud of what I did for Dark Pit in PM
So, looking at the mention of Gamebanana, I'm guessing you're gonna start modding Smash 4?
If so, I'd like your Daisy PSA in Smash 4. After all, there's already a complete hack w/ voice pack for her, so why not a moveset (I don't care if its just "edited Peach", either)?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
So, looking at the mention of Gamebanana, I'm guessing you're gonna start modding Smash 4?
If so, I'd like your Daisy PSA in Smash 4. After all, there's already a complete hack w/ voice pack for her, so why not a moveset (I don't care if its just "edited Peach", either)?
Smash 4 modding is currently rather limited and as far as I know you can't make new animations. As such Daisy's f-air and lack of flight are a bit incompatible with Smash 4 as of the time I post this. Also, if I port Daisy to Wii U I want to be able to give her her own slot, which I don't think is technically possible yet.
All this considered, the only Smash 4 mod anyone should expect from me at the moment is Dark Pit EX.
As for PM content, I have been doing odd-jobs for ALM5252, I have updates for a few of the Clones characters in the works, and I do have plans for creating a particular style of anime swordsman.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Smash 4 modding is currently rather limited and as far as I know you can't make new animations. As such Daisy's f-air and lack of flight are a bit incompatible with Smash 4 as of the time I post this. Also, if I port Daisy to Wii U I want to be able to give her her own slot, which I don't think is technically possible yet.
All this considered, the only Smash 4 mod anyone should expect from me at the moment is Dark Pit EX.
As for PM content, I have been doing odd-jobs for ALM5252, I have updates for a few of the Clones characters in the works, and I do have plans for creating a particular style of anime swordsman.
1. You could just not give her the flight and give her somebody else's f-air (Zelda's f-air would work wonders). Waluigi got his own moveset just by borrowing animations from other fighters in the game.
2. It's possible to give a character their own slots. I don't know how, but I know it's possible. After all, Waluigi got his without taking out any other characters' slot, so it's possible for Daisy.
3. I don't want another Dark Pit, but I DO look forward to your Smash 4 related work.
4. anime swordsman? Awakening/Xenoblade, much?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
1. You could just not give her the flight and give her somebody else's f-air (Zelda's f-air would work wonders). Waluigi got his own moveset just by borrowing animations from other fighters in the game.
2. It's possible to give a character their own slots. I don't know how, but I know it's possible. After all, Waluigi got his without taking out any other characters' slot, so it's possible for Daisy.
3. I don't want another Dark Pit, but I DO look forward to your Smash 4 related work.
1. I'm not making Daisy into Shang Tsung
2. I know it's possible to give skins their own slots but I didn't know it was possible to give moveset edits their own slot
3. It's not another dark pit, it's an improved dark pit. A Dark Pit Sakurai was too lazy to make.
4. I hate how the general public only likes Awakening and Fates out of the Fire Emblem series, but that's besides the point.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
1. I'm not making Daisy into Shang Tsung
2. I know it's possible to give skins their own slots but I didn't know it was possible to give moveset edits their own slot
3. It's not another dark pit, it's an improved dark pit. A Dark Pit Sakurai was too lazy to make.
4. I hate how the general public only likes Awakening and Fates out of the Fire Emblem series, but that's besides the point.
1. Because :4peach:'s whole moveset w/o gliding and w/ :4zelda:'s f-air is Shang Tsung? What?
2. I believe it is.
3. I'm fine with :4darkpit: being a clone either way, so if you decide to give him another moveset, then that's fine by me, though I'd likely not use it. (you're talking to the guy who mains :pichumelee: in Melee, and whose second main in Smash 4 is :4lucina: :rotfl:)
4. Not really. I always preferred 6 (Sword of Seals / Binding Blade), 7 (Blazing Sword), Shadow Dragon, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Awakening. Fates? Nope. Definitely Nintendo trying to continue what I think was wrong with part of Awakening, while removing most of the good stuff (key word: most).

Yes. Because those are the only two styles of swordsmen that are 'anime.'
Donacdum.
It's only that those two first comes to my mind, especially since they were both featured in Smash 4. (:4robinm::4robinf::4lucina: and :4shulk:)

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
1. Because Peach's whole moveset w/o gliding and w/ Zelda's f-air is Shang Tsung? What?
Perhaps an exaggeration. In any case, I don't know how you would remove Peach's float in Smash 4, so I won't attempt to do so on my own.
Also Dark pit is still going to be a clone, I'm only going to make property edits since that's all it'd take to fix the abortion we have in Smash 4.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Perhaps an exaggeration. In any case, I don't know how you would remove Peach's float in Smash 4, so I won't attempt to do so on my own.
Also Dark pit is still going to be a clone, I'm only going to make property edits since that's all it'd take to fix the abortion we have in Smash 4.
I can wait, if all you need is either time to figure it out or someone to figure it out for you.
And am I allowed to ask what "property edits" are you gonna make on :4darkpit:?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
And am I allowed to ask what "property edits" are you gonna make on :4darkpit:?
Basically what headaches said earlier, make him into a glass cannon. however substitute "taking more damage" with "taking more knockback", since that's more feasible.
Edit: I won't go into specifics until release

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Basically what headaches said earlier, make him into a glass cannon. however substitute "taking more damage" with "taking more knockback", since that's more feasible.
Edit: I won't go into specifics until release
Okay, then.

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Waluigi replaced Captain Falcon. It is possible, but it wasn't in that instance.

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
You're taking PSA ideas/requests? Because I have no clue if you're serious about making a Shang Tsung mod.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Had another idea in mind.
How about changing Lucina? Giving her a different playstyle aside from a ****ty Marth, like how that Dark Pit is a different playstyle from Pit but for the edgy emo kid you know.
:sadsheep::(:sadeyes::crying:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Had another idea in mind.
How about changing Lucina? Giving her a different playstyle aside from a ****ty Marth, like how that Dark Pit is a different playstyle from Pit but for the edgy emo kid you know.
I actually don't mind the basic idea behind Lucina's moveset, though I think the implementation of that idea could've been done better.
You have a game with custom fighters yet you still feel the need to give clones their own character slot? that's pretty dumb if you ask me.
Slap a big 'ol maybe on changing up Lucina, mostly because I have no idea what else would fit for her. Making the awakening character a scrubby version of an older fire emblem character is already pretty poetic.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I actually don't mind the basic idea behind Lucina's moveset, though I think the implementation of that idea could've been done better.
You have a game with custom fighters yet you still feel the need to give clones their own character slot? that's pretty dumb if you ask me.
Slap a big 'ol maybe on changing up Lucina, mostly because I have no idea what else would fit for her. Making the awakening character a scrubby version of an older fire emblem character is already pretty poetic.
She was originally going to go on Marth's slot, if it wasn't for the 3DS's pathetic limitations. Same for Dark Pit (on Pit's slot) and Dr Mario (on Mario's slot, duh). And despite that, they were STILL gonna have their own movesets (Lucina being Marth w/o the tip, Dr Mario being a stronger Mario....) that we know them for as clones today.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
She was originally going to go on Marth's slot, if it wasn't for the 3DS's pathetic limitations. Same for Dark Pit (on Pit's slot) and Dr Mario (on Mario's slot, duh). And despite that, they were STILL gonna have their own movesets (Lucina being Marth w/o the tip, Dr Mario being a stronger Mario....) that we know them for as clones today.
As much as I love to blame 3DS Smash for everything wrong with Smash 4, I somehow think that particular design choice had nothing to do with putting the game on bad hardware. It was likely done because making a costume change in-game mechanics would create inconsistencies between Lucina and, say, the Koopalings.

3WeekHeadaches

Smash Cadet

You heard me, ****o.

That latter sentence is kinda the main reason why I suggested the Dark Pit change in the first place.

Iiiiiiiii guess.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
As much as I love to blame 3DS Smash for everything wrong with Smash 4, I somehow think that particular design choice had nothing to do with putting the game on bad hardware. It was likely done because making a costume change in-game mechanics would create inconsistencies between Lucina and, say, the Koopalings.
Weren't the Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings (or just the Koopalings) added LATER in development (and by the latter's logic, probably the same for Alph)? And besides, Super Smash Bros Infinity (a Brawl mod, again) does that and I didn't see anyone complain there.
As much as I'd love to make that, I do not do vertex mods
Damn. One of my future suggestions' gone off the list already. Nevermind.
I would like a :4peach: recolor based on the following picture:
(I didn't make it. bevveh made it and posted it on DeviantArt. I just like it).

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Weren't the Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings (or just the Koopalings) added LATER in development (and by the latter's logic, probably the same for Alph)? And besides, Super Smash Bros Infinity (a Brawl mod, again) does that and I didn't see anyone complain there.
People hold canon Smash to higher expectations, if some alts changed properties and others didn't people would be questioning it.
Damn. One of my future suggestions' gone off the list already. Nevermind.
I would like a :4peach: recolor based on the following picture:
(I didn't make it. bevveh made it and posted it on DeviantArt. I just like it).
no

Top Bottom