• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
FAAAEEEE YOU'RE BACK ON THE LUCAS BOARDS, WELCOME HOME BUD

EDIT: Please tell me you're sticking with us for a while, I'd love for us to practice our way to the top
I got tagged I think, just dropped by to say hi :) I still don't have the game and haven't entered any tourneys for it, but Lucas coming to the new smash is pretty cool

ilysm

sleepy
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 yOU LUCKY SONOFAGUN

The Ness Amiibo prices on Ebay are just sheer lunacy. Why did it have to be a Gamestop exclusive? :(

@ YouReadMyName YouReadMyName I think that if Lucas gets Zap Jump and his magnet slide thing back (and it looks from the trailer like PKF is keeping its momentum shift) there might not be a need for the Thunderbounce! :D

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Greetings, Lucas boards. I hope I'm not intruding at all, but I quite like this character and the Mother/EarthBound series in general, so I thought I'd pop my head in and say hello. Not really sure what to say ahaha.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
One thing has been puzzling me a little bit.

Why does Ness no longer have any blush on his cheeks when Lucas looks like he just got caught getting some oxygen?

:4ness::4lucas:

Last edited:

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 yOU LUCKY SONOFAGUN

The Ness Amiibo prices on Ebay are just sheer lunacy. Why did it have to be a Gamestop exclusive? :(

@ YouReadMyName YouReadMyName I think that if Lucas gets Zap Jump and his magnet slide thing back (and it looks from the trailer like PKF is keeping its momentum shift) there might not be a need for the Thunderbounce! :D
Brainstorming for new tech name ATM...maybe PK thunderhop? If this is a thing, Lucas confirmed "Thunder haa"

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@Luco why would you ever put yourself in a position to be nair'd by Wii Fit?

But yeah forget her let's talk about Lucas and his amazing hairdo

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I got tagged I think, just dropped by to say hi :) I still don't have the game and haven't entered any tourneys for it, but Lucas coming to the new smash is pretty cool
Yeah, I can't wait and I know you haven't gotten it, but now is the time my friend. :p
If you don't want it, or don't have the time I don't blame you though, but I'd love playing with you again bud.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
This... This is mean.

Cool, but mean in light of recent events.

And Ness and Lucas have a very similar model in the Mother series anyway outside of EB/M3 graphical differences, so it doesn't look off to me. They even gave him his old idle animation if you watch the part of the trailer with his palettes.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Is it just me or does Lucas render look really bad?

It seriously look like some Photoshop'd Ness for a leak or something.
I don't hate it, but it could be better. His little icon though, I really am not a fan of. It looks a cross between a coconut and an oompa loompa. :4lucas:

Anyway, I wouldn't say he looks photoshopped, but he definitely looks like he's really little. Like, he looks six . It's funny, his render really doesn't look like how he is in-game.

Must be the hair.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
By the way folks the picture is from Reddit :)
I actually have had two Ness on the way since his initial reveal back in February.
I bought two so I could make:4lucas:
But as we all know he is getting his own. At least I can have one in and out of box now :)
or or OR you could sell me one.

eheh can't blame me for trying, yeah?

Shaymikyu

I managed to get Ness too by some miracle. Had Lucas not been revealed, I might have considered getting two so I could get one customized by a professional to be Lucas, but now I only had to get one. And after the heck I went through to get it, thank goodness.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
I know for sure I will only be using the masked man version of lucas becuase of that black hair.

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
His hair... Sakurai had to find SOME way to nerf Lucas, so they made his hurt box bigger via his froyo.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Yeah I work around the Great Smokey Mountains, lets just say we have a LOT of tourists.

Been working at a store for 3 years and I make 7.85.

Wages here are awfulllll
Wow, I made more than that at my high school/college job in at a retail store Nebraska back in the late 1990s. You must like it there...

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
His hair... Sakurai had to find SOME way to nerf Lucas, so they made his hurt box bigger via his froyo.
I fell of my chair i cant get up. Too funny!

Im serious i think i need to get a life alert

EDIT:
its all good

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Boney!Lucas shirt is adorable. Can we get a Duster and Kumatora shirt too? That'd be cool.

I really want his purple alt back, but if it doesn't I'll take the Boney one.

Shaymikyu

I'm kind of shock we still haven't gotten a Kumatora palette for him or a Paula palette (or better yet, full alt) for Ness.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
On the one hand, I want a DCMC shirt. On the other hand, that gives me 3 alts (with the Masked Man and Claus ones) that I'll absolutely need to main. Maybe one standard, one custom and one other custom? How can I choose!?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm happy for everyone who is a Lucas fan, as even for me, who was not particularly beholden to him, this was a really pleasant surprise!
Saving this because it's hypeworthy:

d2a.gif

I hope there's a version without a skip though.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hi, I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to all of you Lucas fans and supporters! While I didn't main Lucas in Brawl, I still liked the character, and so I'm also very happy he's returning as DLC. In fact, I'm just always happy to see a beloved character return from being supposedly cut. First Mewtwo, and now Lucas. :)

(Also, I actually have a friend IRL who LOVED to play as Lucas, and apparently screamed with joy when she saw his reveal.)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
That's... surprisingly accurate. Now I'm truly wondering if the render was based off fan renders of Lucas.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I would assume Lucas is one of those fighters who got cut due to time. Bowser Jr almost got removed but luckily the team manage to complete him. Lucas, on the other hand, isn't so lucky. That is probably why he look almost compete in the direct.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Lucas (and Wolf) had to be cut for time constraints. There wasn't legitimate reasoning for them being cut as with the likes of Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer.

Top Bottom