• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
So, what's his Boxing Ring title going to be? I think "Mama's Boy" or "Fashionably Late" might suit him.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Given Flint's hardcore reputation, they could put "Son of the Beast" or something. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
I can't help but feel like they'll include the Nowhere pun again like "The Psychic Boy from Nowhere"

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Trying to brainstorm here...

"Stick Wielder"
"The Power of [PK?] Love"
"Needle Puller"
"The Unlikely Hero" (or did someone else have this already?)
"The Blond Bombshell"
"The Boy from Nowhere"
"The Survivor of Tragedy"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha getting quoted in the Lucas hype train. <3

I love Lucas and I'm super glad he's coming back, I will play him regardless of how good he is but obviously hope he's great so I can rock him properly.

All I know is he can't be as bad as Wii Fit, I so wanted to main her but....
So you haven't heard @Aerodrome's complaints about @Waveguider's beastly Wii Fit Trainer with a Nair comboing into itself which does something along the lines of, and I quote,

3,725,983%
? If that's not enough reason to pick up WFT, I don't know what else is!

But yeah I'm sure he'll at the very least be better off than last time, considering NO CHAIN GRABS WEEEE <3

What is fun about playing as an easier Ness that fights nothing like he is in MOTHER 3/EarthBound Final for the GBA?

He should be buffing his physical offense & defense. He can't use elemental powers.
I feel like the perception of Lucas as an 'easier Ness' is a flawed one.

In competitive play, they have trade-offs in so many different areas that alter their entire gameplan, and more to the point, alters their safety in certain situations. In Brawl, Lucas took a vastly safer PK Fire, jabs and tilts (and an awesome pivot grab!) which made his ground game a lot stronger than Ness'. Ness on the other hand had more safety in the air, as retreating Fair was very safe as opposed to Lucas who could get punished for it on a PS or against particularly mobile characters (I'm looking at you :metaknight: ). Lucas' Nair was incredible pressure but short ranged, meaning it could be punished easily if it wasn't being used as shield pressure. He did have Dair, but on the other hand, Ness had a powerful (normal, so generally more accessable) grab and a killing throw to compensate for his otherwise lacking ground game.

What I'm trying to say here is, it was far more complex than just an 'easier' or 'harder' character archetype.

Do you know where I could find any of his other Brawl Lucas games if there are any? The only ones I'm able to find online (for Lucas in general, freaking ridiculous) is Pink Fresh VS Logic (Olimar). And it'd be awesome to see him play in Sm4sh so we can learn all of his secret Lucas techs :3
Ouch! We all had some awesome techs back then, you know!! *is told to quieten down by the visiting home nurse* :p

Pink Fresh (already tagged him today) had a slightly more direct and straight-forward playing style, if I recall correctly. @ FightAdamantEevee FightAdamantEevee had one of the flashiest Lucas' out there, and @Mekos I think was the most 'by the book' player, though he pulled off some really hype stuff too, but it was more often involving reads. My memory might be hazy on this. I'd love any of them to return and show off some mad stuff, it's so entrancing to watch great Lucas play. <3

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
"Sticks it to Them"
"Isn't Afraid of Needles"
"Dragon Tamer"
"Savior of Nowhere"
"Crybaby No More"
"Golden Hero"

That's all I got.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
"Sticks it to Them"
"Isn't Afraid of Needles"
"Dragon Tamer"
"Savior of Nowhere"
"Crybaby No More"
"Golden Hero"

That's all I got.
That first and second-to-last one are both PERFECT.

EDIT: Especially Crybaby No More since not only does it reflect his Mother 3 character development, but also his change in demeanor from Brawl to here.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I kind of like "Savior of Nowhere", because it's ironic sounding. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
Ouch! We all had some awesome techs back then, you know!! *is told to quieten down by the visiting home nurse* :p

Pink Fresh (already tagged him today) had a slightly more direct and straight-forward playing style, if I recall correctly. @ FightAdamantEevee FightAdamantEevee had one of the flashiest Lucas' out there, and @Mekos I think was the most 'by the book' player, though he pulled off some really hype stuff too, but it was more often involving reads. My memory might be hazy on this. I'd love any of them to return and show off some mad stuff, it's so entrancing to watch great Lucas play. <3
I'm going to have to check the rest of them out! :D
Haha getting quoted in the Lucas hype train. <3

I love Lucas and I'm super glad he's coming back, I will play him regardless of how good he is but obviously hope he's great so I can rock him properly.

All I know is he can't be as bad as Wii Fit, I so wanted to main her but....
Uhh...

How's everybody doing this fine afternoon?

Because I'm not doing too hot cause I gotta go to work in like half an hour, barf.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Aaaw that's a shame! I hope things at work go okay, friend.

I wasn't doing great earlier because group stuff wasn't going well, but I'm excited cause I'm going to a con tomorrow!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
There's too much Mr. Batty's Twist to handle. @Spirst is actually Mr. Batty.

Being serious, though, this day is going by really slowly. Probably because I'm processing everything at snail pace.

Boxing Ring alias should be "Is actually Boney", and then when everybody is confused Sakurai releases Boney DLC. But then he reveals that Lucas is actually Boney and Boney is actually Lucas, so their movesets are swapped and we have PK Dogs.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I said this somewhere else and I highly doubt it. I know Claus is his brother so they're suppose to look the same but in the end it's just a simple recolor. I highly doubt Nintendo would go through all that work (even if it seems like a little) to change only one of the palettes to Claus unlike Olimar and Alph which is a much bigger transformation including Alph gets a tons of palettes for his own version of himself as well. Who knows, maybe I will be wrong because Lucas did come out and I was convinced he wouldn't make it back in but I just don't see it happening.
All they would need is ONE voice clip of the announcer saying claus instead of lucas Since they are twins and look exactly the same aside from color.

It's doable but i have my doubts as well.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Also, for his Boxing Ring title it could maybe be to do with love? "Child of Love" maybe? "Hero of Love?"

I do like "Crybaby No More" a lot though.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Somebody go get the Mr. Batty sprite and put some headphones on him!

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ugh yeah most jobs in tourism seem pretty bleh... I commend those people!

Mr. Batty should drop a mixtape, itd be the tightest
Yeah I work around the Great Smokey Mountains, lets just say we have a LOT of tourists.

Been working at a store for 3 years and I make 7.85.

Wages here are awfulllll

I feel ya with those wages, my bachelor's can't get here any sooner

Or maybe it can wait and keep its student debt with it

In any case goodbye friends, I am gone, see yall in six hours or so

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
All they would need is ONE voice clip of the announcer saying claus instead of lucas Since they are twins and look exactly the same aside from color.

It's doable but i have my doubts as well.
They have different hairstyles in Mother 3.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Boney's two "themes" represent him so well. Like Looking for dropped Pickles represents his silly, loveable, adorable Boney side, while Run, My Dog, Run! shows the loyal and brave side of Boney. At least, that's how I see it. Boney is the best dog character to ever exist.

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
With Lucas' recovery being longer, will he get the PT2 bounce mechanic? It was intentional. If so, Lucas confirmed DogGod tier. Oh, I'm new :)

Top Bottom