• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Freeze and Dtilt

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
Are they any good uses for either of these moves, aside from the dtilt being used to lock people unfortunate enough get caught up in it? Both of these moves seem to be pretty useless, but I'd like to find uses for both if possible.

Do any of you have any good uses for them?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Pk freeze is good annoying campy characters at a distance. Down tilt has a 50% chance of tripping the opponent if you hit with the tipper. And it has surprisingly good range.

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
PK freeze would be a lovely edgeguard if it didn't knock the person hit upwards instead of staying still/knocking them down.

Dtilt is good for racking up damage, and as said, has a chance to trip.

Kyoryoku Hitori

Smash Cadet
You'll never find out! 'Cause by the time you do M
Both are excellent moves, you just need to know how to execute them properly in a combo. Im not saying I know to use Lucas better than you or anything, Im a Yoshi guy, but he is very powerful once you get to know him. Im not to bad with Lucas myself BUT I can tell you this. His Utilt will kill almost anything I belive at around 50% damage.:p

Galeon

Smash Ace
Pk freeze is good annoying campy characters at a distance. Down tilt has a 50% chance of tripping the opponent if you hit with the tipper. And it has surprisingly good range.
Did you just make up that statistic? Cause it doesn't feel like 50%. If you got that number from serious testing, I might look back into that move.

IDK

Smash Lord
PK freeze could be used at the start of a battle or unexpectedly. or if they're open at a long range like if their shield ever breaks. that is if you don't have time to fully charge an upsmash.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I use Dtilt to trip into Fsmash/Dsmash/Ftilt. PK Freeze is situational, but fun to use. One time I PK Freezed an Ike and when he was mashing buttons to get out he used Aether by mistake away from FD and died. It was sweet.

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
Dtilt is fine.

But PK Freeze is pretty hard to use effectively.
Yeah.

But then again, hardly anyone uses PK freeze unless the match is for fun or just for mind games.

When I first tried Lucas, I froze 2 people at once off stage.

I thought they'd die, but they got launched up and recovered. I was crushed. :(

PKJesse

Smash Cadet
But everyone wants to use the move because its kind of cool. You could just use it every once in a while as a surprise attack and get a sense of accomplishment from using it.
Especially if it hits.

I use it sometimes, if I'm lucky enough I get a fully charged usmash in.

=]

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I'm at one end of the stage

The opponent at the other.

I start PK Freezing to force an approach, or they get Frozen so i can approach without fear.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Did you just make up that statistic? Cause it doesn't feel like 50%. If you got that number from serious testing, I might look back into that move.
This has been tested by several different people. Certain attacks have a 50% chance of tripping at all times. ROB and Kirby's Dtilts are another example of this.

Ness and Lucas's both have 50% to trip per hit, although Lucas is the only one with a tipper, so his is much harder to land.

Go play as Ness and use this move more. You'll have more luck.

As for PK Freeze, I actually use it a lot. Pretty much as a follow-up after Nair. It doesn't hit often, but it's an excellent tool for pressuring your opponent and preventing them from setting up a good ranged assault or camping.

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice

yeah im testing it now and it seems about 50%

but you have to hit with the tip of it which is what makes it harder

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
Ooooh, didn't know about the 50% tripping chance! That could definitely be useful.

I'm still not sold on PK Freeze, though. I don't see how it could put pressure on campers when many characters have projectiles that are much quicker than PK Freeze. Even if the character doesn't have a projectile, they'll see PK Freeze coming and could possibly rush you. The only use I can see for it is dealing some damage against characters that you can't really edge guard, since it's a bit less risky to use than PK Thunder.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I try to throw in PK Freeze when edgeguarding sometimes. Occasionally it makes the opponent back off a little bit, and it gives me enough time to jump in there and land an fAir. Man, landing those perfect fAirs and watching them rocket to their death feel so good.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Freeze lags too much for me. I'd use it more often if you could cancel it and roll away faster. When given the choice between freeze and thunder, I'll usually go for the thunder tail-spikes. Thunder is harder for them to air dodge, and you can usually connect a PKT2 to hit them a second time. Oh, and Freeze can be absorbed. T_T

Most hilarious attack in games larger than 2.

H!volt23

Smash Rookie
PK Freeze is situational, I start a match with it and it gives me enough time to pull off a Usmash for a decent amount of damage. Plus it looks cool whats not to like?

Kyoryoku Hitori

Smash Cadet
You'll never find out! 'Cause by the time you do M
PK freeze is also pretty good for edge guarding. You might want to do this from a distance. You could also use your u-tilt then follow up with a PK freeze then when he comes back down use your d-tilt to hurt him then smack him with your stick (I just thought of this, try it and see if it works for me please).

Top Bottom