• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pizzano's Electronic Gaming 8/11/12

Exdeath

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (18 Entrants)

1: Ed (Grand Finals $50) :sheilda:
1: GDX ($20) :diddy: :wario:
1: 2-D Jeff ($20) :popo: :gwbrawl: :falco:
4: LIES! :wario:
5: Mink :zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:
5: Gallax :snake: :marth: :pikachu:
7: Kyon :peach: :diddy:
7: Ryder :marth:
9: KDB :kirby:
9: C.J. :marth:
9: JaZz :fox: :snake:
9: Noa :olimar:
13: PIE :ness:
13: Hiroi :peach:
13: Viper :falco:
13: Exi :dedede:
17: Wizzrobe :marth:
17: Action :wario:

UMvC3 (3 Entrants Round-Robin)

1: Johnslaught ($15)
2: KDB
3: 2-D Jeff (Forfeit to KDB)

Exdeath

Smash Master
I've been on a steady decline in Brawl singles since January and I believe that this was the worst that I've performed ever. In addition to this, I made a lot of amateur TO mistakes that I intend to rectify (e.g. seeding by location alone and if I hadn't attempted to begin doubles, singles would have finished on time).

I'm going to go ahead and make two open challenges to myself and others:

Next P.E.G. I'm going to place in the top 8 of 32+.

Until then, thank you everyone who came for making this fun. Aside from seeding, I didn't really hear any complaints and I'll try to get us more time at the venue next time.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mention that marvel was winner take all and round robin and the guy who won already won so there was no need to play it out. Placings didn't matter.
-2djeff

Tong

Smash Rookie
Wanted to come for marvel and AE. But was afraid of low turnout. Guessing AE didn't happen?

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Wanted to come for marvel and AE. But was afraid of low turnout. Guessing AE didn't happen?

It was especially sad because there were 12 people who called asking if they could still come by. There were 3people for AE, so we didn't bother.

Noa.

Smash Master
Ed was on fire this tourney. He wasn't letting anyone win lol. Good **** Ed.

I wanted to place better. Nothing to do but improve I guess!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
was wondering how I was subbed to this thread, but then I saw jeff post in my account

I forgot tong even had a smashboards account lol

and also gg ed. Not enough time for me to exact my revenge. Maybe next time :laugh:

Noa.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure my matches against Ed were saved on a wii. Are those going to get recorded lol. I'd like to see them.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ed gallax has not played in a long time. your hard work of staying consistant beat his tired talent.

Dude, Gallax is still REALLY good. Also, the long time you mention isn't too long. He took me out in a Mid-July tourney, and now we are in August. Less than a month's time. He could've been outta practice maybe, but he mashed me good in game 1. His talent is nowhere near tired.

@JTsm: NEVER!!!! I could definitely use the MK practice though that's for sure. Thanks man.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@ed he didn't play before that tournament either. Tbh I don't know why you lost to him then. he's like me. don't practice at all for months and show up to a tournament. I respect that you beat him and the rest of us. but you have to respect that some of us are out practice and playing a different game. You can "I beat gallax" yes. But when someone says "he dosnt practice anymore"or "he's out of practice". You can say he still good. but you can't use that as a valid argument that he still practice the game and he was playing at his fullest compatibility. People forget what to do in these games. like me I forgot how to play ic the proper way so that the mu ratio didn't even matter. I'm trying to get to were I left off again but its not like its an over night thing. it takes consistentcy. We as players are going to have to hold that L. But you honestly right now can't say you beat these guys in there prime. I'm not trying to bash on you but like I said its not an over night thing

2-DJeff

Smash Master
regardless though good job. Can't wait for our next tournament match. If we don't run into each other wanna do a 5$ pr mm?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Beating gallax is still a good win, just like beating you is a good win.

If I consistently loss to both of you, and finally beat you I would be happy that I finally had that win. Good **** ed.

Also, kyon, my replays vs jazz and hiroi are on your wii. Can anyone upload those.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
beating me isn't a good win. I'm not on the pr. beating people out side of the pr that don't play that much is not a good win. that's like someone beating lade right now. that wouldnt be a good win. he dosnt play and he's not on the pr. you guys have been playing a lot more the those people. its actually sad if you lose tbh. If I beat j wong in smash I'm not going to say it was a good win. jwong did play smash at a time. that's also like saying I beat diago and it was a good win even if the guy doesn't play anymore. that's ******** and ignorant thing to say lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
if you guys honestly think beating non pr members a good win. then that makes sense of why you have never been on the pr. your goals are too low. When I beat a non pr members its w.e. to me because its to be expected. same when I lose to a non pr members. It reminds me of why I'm not on it

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Jeff i don't play to be the best in the state
I play to have fun and beat my own goals.

I'm not going to be top 10 in FL. Lol. It's not going to happen and my main priorities in life aren't practicing smash. It may not be a good win to EVERYONE. but in my eyes, if i beat someone i previously lost to, i'd be happy with my performance.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Because there cannot be more than 10 good players in any given region, even if it's a top 5 region.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@mink and that being said. since its not a main priority for the both of us and a lot of the cfl. Its not a good win because no one really cares enough to practice to get better
lol but ok dude you win. its a good win if you beat someone regardless. lol

@exdeath. I'm not good

Noa.

Smash Master
It's all relative. Yeah you're not amazing but if someone beats you in tourney their decently skilled. You did pretty well at Pizzano's you got top 3 which doesn't sounds like a **** player lol. Yeah you're not THAT big a deal but a win over you is like worth mentioning at a local level.

Exdeath

Smash Master
@mink and that being said. since its not a main priority for the both of us and a lot of the cfl. Its not a good win because no one really cares enough to practice to get better
lol but ok dude you win. its a good win if you beat someone regardless. lol

@exdeath. I'm not good

I wasn't referring to you being good; I was referring to the "If it's not a ranked player then it's not a good win," sentiment.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@dracanoa. no its not because I don't win locals. that's why people are so bad. because we talk about these wins and they don't mean ****. I'm pretty bad dude.
@exdeath o ok

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@dracanoa. no its not because I don't win locals. that's why people are so bad. because we talk about these wins and they don't mean ****. I'm pretty bad dude.
@exdeath o ok

Top Bottom