• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Walk (New AT)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've known this since March but kept it secret. This also works for the foxtrot, it gives it a boost making it a little faster than the normal foxtrot, but I never really liked it much cuz you can trip dashing so much.
So THATS what you were showing me at Hobo5.

LOL.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I still dont understand how this AT could ever be... idk... usefull?
Definitely not all, it's pretty much useless for some characters.
Like ganon, snake, DDD, metaknight, samus, etc.

It could prove useful for others, especially marth. And Dk for his cargo throw. Sonic has a real nice one too.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I messed around with this the other day.

For marth, it seemed like shield grabs were 2x-3x easier to work for me.

It could get you in pretty close before the opponent can react sometimes and get a grab in.

If the opponent tries to attack you, most of the time, due to the forward momentum, you should be able to shield grab it.

People say it's pretty easy to punish, but a marth can just shield grab the attack at will, especially since it comes up so fast.

I also find it a bit easier to retreat after a couple aerials as not to get counterattacked. Pivot walking, getting semi-close to the opponent, and then dashing (C-stick down) to get that extra speed may mix some things up

Top Bottom