• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Grab with some sex slide, baby

Chaco

Never Logs In
Instead of using your standard grab button or set grab button, pivot and use R+C-stick Up. Makes you slide pretty far.

I'll get a vid up comparing the two if I can soon.

Wait hold on, lemme try something.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
Wait... what?...R as in shield right?

im not seeing a difference in slide length

Edit: maybe a tidbit, but i might be imagining it

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
On a side note...Apparently, you can pivot grab without pivotting the analog stick. Just run in a direction, and, while running, hit shield and C-stick in the opposite direction of your run. Yoshi should Pivot grab.

Is this already known?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wait... what?...R as in shield right?

im not seeing a difference in slide length

Edit: maybe a tidbit, but i might be imagining it
With standard grab Yoshi pretty much stops when pivoting, with the shield he does slide further.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
ummm im gonna have to test it out so are you sayin i just run
Press R + C-stick Up, and Badda Bing!, i do a pivot grab with a longer slide?
hope this is correct cause thats what im gonna try tomorrow XD

auroreon

Smash Ace
Its possible to get the same slide length just pivoting normally. Its all about the speed and timing which you do the inputs.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Its possible to get the same slide length just pivoting normally. Its all about the speed and timing which you do the inputs.
I actually couldn't get it as far with the other. I think it's just easier to get the timing on with this method.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I actually couldn't get it as far with the other. I think it's just easier to get the timing on with this method.
Im getting the same slide with both methods and I finding the normal input much easier to do, try using your standard grab button erlier in your pivot. Maybe I'm just not getting the biggest slide I can with the R + C stick up method, do you think you could get a video up?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah maybe soon, but I tend to stop more with normal set up.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Auroreon's right, you can get the longer slide doing the normal pivot. I've been practicing both as well and I didn't notice anything different, really.

But to each his own, right. Just as long as it helps your gameplay and your optimal performance, then it's all good.

Metatitan

Smash Master
This (im pretty sure we're talking about the same AT) AT has been around for awhile, u perform it the same way u would a DACUS but u pivot grab instead. Works for every char but its not too useful. :(

Top Bottom