• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Grab Video

Dogger

Smash Rookie
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XA5Gd7oCdBQ

I cannot stress how important this is going to be for all of us. While this technique may be a small help to some characters, it is huge for Yoshi. The pivot grab completely eliminates the wind up and retraction lag of his throw, which essentially made it the worst in the game. Now, however, Yoshi's movement is only impaired as long as the tongue is out. Comes out instant, ends when it should, and has increased range.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
Ah, I didn't really understand how this technique worked.

I wonder if the lag-less grab thing holds true for other characters with long-range grabs. Samus and Link could finally have a respectable grab game, in contrast to Melee.

Sharky

Smash Master
Wow, thanks for reminding me about this, Dogger. I've added it to the guide thread, with credit given to your video. =)

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Awesome video! The pivot grab seems much better than a normal grab on all levels, the speed and lag time are much faster. Not quite as fast as his neutral B, but over all a nice little buff for Yoshi to actually make his grab useable without as much fear of being punished for a missed grab.

Top Bottom