• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pits wings are made out of wax

Antinillus

Smash Rookie
the greek myth about a guy who flys to close to the sun with his wings made of feathers and wax. The wax melts and he dies. Heres you anwser now close this useless thread.
lol@the_capt_falcon_master, btw, yeah Daedalus (Icarus' father) was imprisoned by King Minos, and then he made wax wings with Icarus... yadda yadda yadda, Icarus flies 2 close 2 the sun, and bcuz his wings are wax, they melt and he falls into the ocean. The End. Thread is finished.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
there is always the chance that he is speaking metaphorically and hes saying that pit seems like a great player but that it just seems to good to be true and that pit will hit a glass ceiling and end up being an epic failure.... but i doubt he's saying that and i am probably just reading into what he is saying too much, regardless its a jealous ignorant statement

Jammo

Smash Cadet
Pits wings are made of scotch tape, pipe cleaners, and feathers he got from the Kentucky Fried Chicken Dumpster.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Pit's wings are made from old pair's of Palutena's underwear he found over the years.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here's your present for being this way Nintengod...
*Admiral Bowser Fsmash*

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
nintengod, i have never heard so much ignorance in one sentence
do you realize you are posting in a pit forum? where what you say is obviously just gonna make people mad.
yes his upB is pretty easy to gimp doest matter though cause he still has gilding and his jumps, which makes his recovery arguably the best in the game. Easy to see coming arrow? Honestly? what does it matter how easy it is to see, its pretty easy to guide right into characters feet and heads so that stops shielding it pretty much, and if you are gonna spot dodge or air dodge well good for you, but that can be done for any projectile so its not really saying much

If my internet didnt suck so bad i would play you to shut you up

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pit's wing's aren't made of wax. Just because they fall of at the end of Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters doesn't mean they are. It was only a joke about the original story of Icarus.

Game ending picture's http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/gb/a/kid.htm

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Pit's wing's aren't made of wax. Just because they fall of at the end of Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters doesn't mean they are. It was only a joke about the original story of Icarus.

Game ending picture's http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/gb/a/kid.htm
Lolz, sprite Pit got totally owned at the end of that.

...apparently The Sun is a sadistic little *******...just look at him smile at Pit's demise.

Good times.

@... - Also, I'm pretty sure everyone here understands that it is a play on how the myth goes. I can't honestly figure out what the thread creator's intent was, but that last frame of the picture made it all worthwhile for me.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
And there's your limitation for a full 3D roaming Kid Icarus game.
Pit has always been bad at jumping, I think thats limitation enough

He can't fly until you get the Magic Wings, which could be used for flying segments like a space shooter game

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Or they can make up some reason to give Pit the ability to fly and turn it into a stealth free roaming RPG...

Sigh the reason why this hasn't been closed yet is because for some reason this seems to be dirtied land to the mods. lol

Top Bottom