• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's up-b as an offensive edgeguard tool

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I didn't think this stupid thing I found the first week the game came out would do anything, but I was screwing around in training mode today trying to learn arrow looping so I could taunt with it after a kill (just for kicks), and I figured out some new things with his up-b.

I'll start off, that Pit's aerial movement is horrible. Despite having three mid-air jumps, it's horrible and incredibly hard to edgeguard people with Pit since the aerial movement back to the stage is usually a lot better than Pit's ability to move. Up-b is the exception, but before this, there was no way to use that off the stage. If you use Pit's up-b, and loop down to practically touching the stage at ANYTIME during his up-b, and cancel it with an attack, you still have all of your jumps AND your up-b. The up-b seems limited and is out for less time, but it shouldn't be an issue. This allows you to go out off the ledge with a fair and edgeguard.

But the bair is a lot better, and I prefer to use that, as it's his best kill move. It turns out, if you slam the control stick in the opposite direction, and press the c-stick in the direction you want to bair, you will bair out of the up-b. You can't hold the control stick for very long in that direction when doing this, otherwise you'll fair. Then if you hit with the sex kick part of the bair, you can jump to another bair, and go to recover.

I haven't tried this against humans yet, so I'm curious at how useful this really is. This also elminates Pit's issue with tripping, as he can jump, and use up-b to approach the enemy with an aerial.

Have fun. I don't come to these forums very often, so sorry if this is incredibly old.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
sorry, but its called wing renewal best used when you shorthop then upb so that your feet touch quicker and you can fly off and do your stuff, or if you use it under a platform so that you just up b and your feet touch, the second part with the bair is news, well at least to me, unfortunately it wont help because i use wiimote and nunchuk, again sorry if i burst your bubble

Top Bottom