• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Spartan Abilities

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Okay is it me or is playing with Marth's standard jump technique help you as a pit. Marth's usually jump Fair and come down with a Fair or jump move back and forth until you make a move than come down with a dair or fair. Using the same technique with pit can also be effective. Pit has 4 jumps including the ground jump you should utilize the abilities as most opponent have ground matchs a couple a jumps and a fair can send your opponent flying. To make matters worst (for your opponent) this isnt a first player-view game you can do the same facing away from your opponent. And what's Pit's strongest move that can kill at 100% damage?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree that this is a good technique although I believe it resembles Jiggly's playing style from Melee. His Bair is the best killing move.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
What I do is SH Forward with an Nair and then once the Nair animation starts, I start DIing backwards. You land with no lag and you don't really leave a lot of room for your opponent to approach. Unless of course they're Marth with a long *** range.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
with marth just back up when he starts running in he has 2 choices. running attack or Forward B combo you can shield grab as the priority changes i like to knee him than throw down and jump U-air. after a while they will a new approach and you can break out that bow. But with the jumping most like it would be a bad idea to do against marth because of his quick aerial moves.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
I think the Bair has a longer ending hitbox duration than the Fair though. Semi-sex kick properties I suppose. The sex-kick part has pretty weak knockback though, so I haven't felt Like I could rely on it as such. Just a sweet little bonus in case I miss the sweet spot kill (helps prevent retaliation).

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Sex-kick is a poorly named property of certain aerials (mostly Nairs). Great examples of sex kicks are Link's and Samus's Nairs. The hitbox continues for a while after the initial launch of the move, and has pretty high priority for the duration of the hitbox. There is a list somewhere in the melee forum with a list of these terms, but I can't seem to find it right now...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Thank you i seem less of a noob. Now to respond to your previous post henry i think the sex kick doesnt havent a high knockback for the 5-7 damage it deals isnt bad plus since it does have a hitbox your less prone to damage and his pits bair is really strong taking your opponent out fast is a sure success in a match

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Okay is it me or is playing with Marth's standard jump technique help you as a pit. Marth's usually jump Fair and come down with a Fair or jump move back and forth until you make a move than come down with a dair or fair. Using the same technique with pit can also be effective. Pit has 4 jumps including the ground jump you should utilize the abilities as most opponent have ground matchs a couple a jumps and a fair can send your opponent flying. To make matters worst (for your opponent) this isnt a first player-view game you can do the same facing away from your opponent. And what's Pit's strongest move that can kill at 100% damage?
Short hop F-airs only work against tall characters. For the shorter ones you have to do D-air. Short hop aerials are great for mix-up, but don't use them solely, your opponent can instant dash attack or grab you.

The only move that KO's at 100% is Pit's B-air.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Your completely right and i just notice that reach of a Sh D-air with less lag than coming down and d-air it really reaches farther than most attacks, try it out. Also Rhy does UndrDog really run pit forums?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
What do mean by if UndrDog really has a forum? Go to the link in my sig and you can sign up. There isn't as much content there as there is here, but it's organized.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ive noticed taht if you play jiggs for a while and then switch back to pit, you end up doing alot more aerials and end up playing a much more aggressive game, might jsut be me, but its a good way to switch up on your opponent

Top Bottom