• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits limits?

icon41

Smash Rookie
Ive been playing Brawl now since it came out, constantly, daily, practicing and such. I played in a local tournament and got 2nd place, lost to some toon link guy who has had the game a month before release. I am trying to say I am a great Pit player. I do not have the equipment to record my matches but I play like DEHF but with more glide attacks and I utilize the glide shifting technique every now and then. I haven't come across any videos of anyone playing pit better than I, I know there are videos out there but can someone link some truly amazing pit players? I feel I can't get any better without seeing it for myself. I will try to get footage of my gameplay eventually.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
There really aren't many amazing Pit vids out there. I'm sure DEHF is better then his vids show because they don't seem too impressive on their own. Get some vids up man and we'll have a look-see.

Anyway, welcome to Smashboards man! Oh and what tournament was it? ^_^

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
don't think you can really tell if someone's better than you or not by watching their matches online. playing people is definitely different than watching them. just an opinion =P.

m0nkey1sme

Smash Rookie
I just switched from GameFaqs to smashboards, and there werent very many good pits on Gamefaqs, so i have never fought a good Pit. I am pretty good with pit but i too am still wondering where i stand on a greater scale. I need to watch some of these DEHF battles. im assuming hes a Pit main. i havent heard of him up until now so it will be interesting. also i agree with lmnz. playing someone is a lot different from watching. i have played some people who were not too hard, but look really good on youtube.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
Ive been playing Brawl now since it came out, constantly, daily, practicing and such. I played in a local tournament and got 2nd place, lost to some toon link guy who has had the game a month before release. I am trying to say I am a great Pit player. I do not have the equipment to record my matches but I play like DEHF but with more glide attacks and I utilize the glide shifting technique every now and then. I haven't come across any videos of anyone playing pit better than I, I know there are videos out there but can someone link some truly amazing pit players? I feel I can't get any better without seeing it for myself. I will try to get footage of my gameplay eventually.
Find another pit player and fight him as other characters, learn what's good and bad about pit like that, abuse what's good, make strategies to cover what's bad and hit up that level one cpu (infinite time/lives) for combo practice. You don't have to be good with another character and they don't have to be good with pit...
Trust me, it will up your game alot...

Top Bottom