• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Ideal Partner (W/ Team Att On)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
well that is pretty hard to think now. Pit can use his mirror Shield to reflect his ally's projectile but yea, i have not thought of it. Bowser is heavy, and Pit shouldnt be able to harm him much, but on the other side, Bowser can be dangerous to Pit with Fire breath.
Speaking of fire Breath, Pit on one side with Mirror Shield, or angel Ring, Bowser's Fire Breath on the other. Anything that gets reflected will increased damage.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
you can use yoshi and make a great wall of projectiles you shoot arrows and he hucks eggs, my friend and I use it all the time at tounies
K so I thought this one is with team attack on the eggs go at that angle and the arrows strait then when the get close pit uses his f tilt, smash, air its way strong try it come time.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont experience much 2v2s due to me getting double teamed often. As for the Pit/Bowser thing, Fire Breath has a small range. Pit's reflector can reflect it, but he can do it at a distance where he can reflect it, while not hurting Bowser at the same time.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Actually its pretty hard to reflect bowsers fire from my personal experiences. Angel ringing into it does not work because you somehow get hit anyway. Shielding and falling into it doesnt work either and usually you dont get a chance to shield. Even if you do reflect it bowser will only get hit 1 time then the flame stops.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I must admit I have BARELY any team experience in Brawl, but going with what I know from Melee and common sense I'd say Ike is probably his best partner. I don't care what any of you say, Ike is NOT too slow to be a challenge (if I had Wi-Fi I'm sure I'd *** lots of people's sht up with him), and he's a powerhouse. Have Pit rack up the damage and Ike seal the deal with a bair and you've got yourself a win.

Double Pit might sound good in retrospect but honestly, unless you're both spamming bair like mad the KOs aren't going to be flowing like they should. You absolutely NEED someone to finish the job you started.

Raynesypher

Smash Rookie
I would have to say either snake or metaknight only because pit has such a disadvantage against them both putting either one of the two with a pit would be a solid team.... imo

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I feel that another flier works well with Pit. Kirby is a great one, because he can suck in Pit and you can have 2 arrows flying around the place. Kirby has good kill moves in the hammer and F-smash, and you can up throw foes into Kirby's rock of death. Also, you can both go out and cover each other's back when doing some off-the-edge guarding.

2 pits are also great partners. I feel that guys who can fly off the stage with you (even King Dedede to some extent) are good because they share your mobility and you can both go after poeple far off the stage.

Arrian

Smash Rookie
Zelda, by far, has been the most effective in my experience. Pit is good at holding the line, and there are some ways to exploit Zelda's projectiles without harming Pit while team attack is on. It seems to work equally well with Pit as a supporting character in that team.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Y'all think zelda would be a good partner? range+range? Pit racks. Zelda kills. Pit doesn't need ledge while Zelda does. Pit can edgeguard well, zelda can't. Seems viable to me.

Edit: ^post-exactly.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I say Zelda. It makes for a very balanced team which at the same time shares some strengths and thus amplifies those strengths.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
ike! because i play both.!
but i can see what your getting at with zelda + Pit as in FF on ike just has way to many sweeps that rack up the damage on pit easily. and the arrows interrupt ike a good deal. however there is nothing more satisfying then saving your ike partner with a good arrow :)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ive actually tried the G&W + Pit. It works pretty well. Of course G&W on his own is pretty deadly. But when u can quickly fire 3 arrows into his bucket if u find the time. Its pretty much an instant kill. I didnt think the arrows would do so much damage when used in oil panic.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Samus and Pit. >.>;

What? I play as both of them, so yeah. Imagine having the match to where you can hit your teammate. Samus uses her charged up Charge Shot, the opponent spot-dodges or jumps, and then Pit uses his Mirror Shield and it flies back much faster and stronger, thus KO'ing the opponent!

Falln07

Smash Rookie
Idk if its been suggested, but I've always team battled with a Falco player and we've been pretty much unstoppable. But maybe thats because we're both able to read each others play styles pretty easily. A combination of blastering and angel ringing racks it up pretty fast.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I team w/ a pretty good lucas, and Iv'e found it works great. Pit can hold people in place well for PKT2 with his U air, heal lucas, and edgeguard kill alot.

Pit gets alot of egdgegaurd kills in 2v2, he's better at it in team battles, so a midknockback character can do well.
I'd say Pit is just one of the best teams characters in general. He's got a good Aimable projectile so SH Arrows go over his teamate's head. He can hold people with all his multi hit's, his SH aerials go over a crouching teamate well, and he edgeguards amazingly in teams. I can't think of a person who doesn't work well with Pit. Pit just has to be able to read everyone on the field well.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
from what i learned
pits main weakness in team games is hes really light and his recovery is pretty slow in terms of returning back to stage. when ever i play as pit on teams i always get hit in the crossfire and spent half the game recovering. watching my teamate take a beating. sure u can shoot arrows but that isnt gonna stop an Grab-Oilpanic!-combo or any other double team strats

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Gliding, which most recoveries should be, especially if your not being harrased are really fast, faster than Anybody else except for maybe Jiggs and Wario. You should be able to screw up anything with the glide attack really well. Too light may be accurate, but Pit is average weight, while most higher tir characters(Snake aside) are quite a bit lighter.

Top Bottom