• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Final smash: cool or odd?

iron blade

Smash Ace
Both, either way, it gets the job done. It's also one of the few FS's where you can move around while it's being executed. Like Gimpy said, if Pit grabs you while his FS is going, it's all over.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I find it cool and odd.

Seems powerful as its a bit hard to dodge. And if you get hit while dodges in the air to the side.. Meh...

-Onyx

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
i think that pits Final Smash is awesome. I remember going to the dojo, seeing this update and thinking, wow, didnt see that coming. anyway, cant wait to try it out, but im going to have to wait 4 ages (I live in a PAL region, and we probably wont get it untill July)

graves

Smash Journeyman
i think that pits Final Smash is awesome. I remember going to the dojo, seeing this update and thinking, wow, didnt see that coming. anyway, cant wait to try it out, but im going to have to wait 4 ages (I live in a PAL region, and we probably wont get it untill July)
That's sad... you can't get it.

Ace929

Smash Journeyman
Well, I find pit's final smash kind of irritating just because of what it is. If you've played Kid Icarus on the virtual console/NES like I have, you'd know how useless these centurions really are. There's probably only one part of the game where they'll be able to help you without dying on you and you really don't need any help for it. I give it credit for coming out of the game, but in my opinion, I didn't think it deserved to be Pit's final smash.

As for how I think this final smash is going to perform, my prediction is this: For about the first year or maybe even less, Pit's final smash is going to seem powerful. However, after everyone gets used to the physics of the game and how things work, I see people being able to avoid every single one of the centurions, making the final smash a little lacking and being only a distraction at best. The other problem with the final smash is that there's no control over it, meaning that the final smash is never going to improve at all, and due to its consistency I predict players being able to find a way to exploit and completely ruin it. At best it's going to give the Pit player a couple of hits in if his or her offensive skills overcome someone going on a complete defensive during this final smash.

I may be looking at this the wrong way though, considering final smashes will probably be turned off for matches that will have players capable of doing what I mentioned. Overall I'd say Pit's final smash is average compared to something like Bowser's final smash where someone can definitely make use of the extra power since they control it.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I like Pit's FS. The screenshots didn't do it much justice, the videos show how fast and powerful it can be. Those Centurions really do "split the sky like a storm" to quote Sakurai. Plus, Pit can run around and keep fighting while everyone is trying to evade death from above. He's all glowy too, lol. Overall, I think it's a pretty good FS.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Both, either way, it gets the job done. It's also one of the few FS's where you can move around while it's being executed. Like Gimpy said, if Pit grabs you while his FS is going, it's all over.
i agree, though i probably lean a bit more to the 'cool' side myself, i'm a Pit fan-boy all the way XD

JLP10

Smash Rookie
I'm okay with his final smash, i think it suits him. For brawl he will probably be the first person i try out next to Ike.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Pit's Final Smash is awesomely cool.
Damage, knockback, and usefulness make it great.
I think this final smash is most appropriate one for Pit, as it stays true to Kid Icarus.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
what do pple mean by if he grabs you during his FS, they are dead?

any vids on him doing this? i havnt seen it in an actua lbattle

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Spamming Angel Ring during Pit's FS is better than grabbing because it's harder to break out of. Ironically, this makes Pit's FS more effective against a single opponent than against multiple.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
In my opinion pits final smash is pretty dang good and tough to avoid. People will probably find some cheap way to avoid it, but then again who can avoid the other player AND the flying dudes? It would be pretty hard to do that.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's not particularly effective if the user just stands there and does nothing whil it's going on. It's much more effective if you work together with the Centurions and make their job easier.

Slyde

Smash Cadet
Pits final smash is a bit ******** it hardly does any good, but his other moves are good

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I read that Pit is the Captain of her army, so it is appropiate for him... and it's spelled Palutena... even the trophy says it.
It is one of my top 3 favorite FS, along with Bowser and Zelda's, and surprisingly, it is my most favorite one, because it reminds me of commanding my army.

Top Bottom