• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Epic Arrows - Fun Things to do with Pit's Arrows

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A STRATEGY GUIDE, CLICK BACK NOW!

A short while ago I saw a video of someone looping an arrow on Final destination.
I tried it, and it was very hard to do with normal settings.

First, a quick overview of what I'm talking about: Pit's arrows can curve. Even after the time after the arrow is fired is over, you can still control the arrow! You character will move around the screen, and you can still control the arrow!

To make it easier, Use these settings in Special Brawl:
MINI
SLOW
FIXED CAMERA

Stages:
FINAL DESTINATION
NEW PORK CITY
BRIDGE OF EDIN
SPEAR PILLAR
A Large Stage Builder stage with a couple of blocks for Pit to stand on. (This is easiest and recommended)

On any of these stages, you can loop Pit's arrow INDEFINITELY.

Extra Stuff:
If you die, you can keep your arrow looping. If you RUN OUT OF LIVES you can keep you arrow moving around the screen!

You can control MULTIPLE ARROWS at once. Simply fire the first 1 up, then fire another! You can control them at the same time! There is NO LIMIT!

Obstacle courses for the arrows! Arrow Racing! There is no end to the fun!

In fact, I think this game should be renamed "PIT'S ARROW RACING."

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Multiple arrows zooming around a stage? Well there is something to do while your enemy respawns. Could be great for approaches.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
See video in my signature. It's so much easier to practice on a custom-built stage.

Another trick to make this easier is to customize your controls to remove up-tilt = jump. I never use up on the control stick to jump anyway, and removing this helps you loop arrows.

It's actually really easy to loop arrows, but looping multiple arrows without being able to see them and using it practically is rather difficult.

This thread is basically pointing out what some other thread(s) have already done. :<

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
I stated at the very beginning that this was not practical. I also suggested that one should use Slow, Mini, and Fixed Camera modes.
With all of these modes set, it is very easy to loop multiple arrows.

Additionally, I pointed out that you can loop arrows AFTER YOU HAVE LOST ALL YOUR LIVES, which I have not seen mentioned before.

DragoneyeIIVX

Smash Rookie
Someone mentioned being able to shield to not move while your arrows are being loop directed. To me that seems dangerous ... (although I know the entire tactic is more of an Egg than anything else).

So I'm wondering, is it possible to down B extremely quickly, then while holding B (to keep out the shield) move the analog stick to keep the arrows looping?

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Put on mini mode along with lighting on a huge stage i had five arrows going in circles it was awesome.

Also i had a thread that got bumbed off the first page. It was a game i invented with his arrows. Build a stage with blocks at the bottom and two blocks at the top left. Then shoot toward the center of the screen and loop it as many times as you can then hit an oppenent in standing at the bottom of the stage in the middle. I got 13 loops and hit him as i was falling =D it was pretty sweet.

Also another thing i did is played homerun contest with my little brother and i would go on the bottom right of the platform and he would beat up the bag and hit it. At one second left i would shoot an arrow. The bag would find the arrow but for some reason it would speed up and shoot off the screen anyone know why?

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
Can Pit's arrows come back to him while he's down with his shield out and be deflected, increasing their strength?
He can't reflect his own arrows, and if someone else reflects it you lose control.

@Arigon
I find slow mode much easier.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
The stages would have to be HELLA elaborate. I'd rather practise edge-guarding with arrows in a semi-professional match then an arrow obstacle course. You don't even mention that the trick is called Arrow looping.

Top Bottom