• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Chaingrab

Sly_

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK ON A NASTY DUNK...
I just recently picked up Pit (post 3.6 so i dont know how he was in any previous iterations) and i'm enjoying him a lot. I was wondering how effective his dthrow chaingrab is and who it works on. i play mostly against Tink, Snake, Ike, and Ganon, and it seems to work on all of them

from my experience, nair (only when l canceled) against a grounded opponent gives you a guaranteed grab which can lead to a 0-death if you chaingrab them to the edge and manage to spike them with dair (see: impossible)

what are your experiences with his dthrow?

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
His dthrow chaingrab works on pretty much anyone except the faster fallers in the game. Though it's mostly DI dependent and you'll hardly, if ever get a regrab on someone who properly DIs down and away, especially at higher percents. When people DI it properly, then it becomes a tech chase situation rather than chaingrabbing. Dthrow on floaties isn't good at very high percents because you can't follow up off of it at all.

Overall. Dthrow is probably his best method for getting a combo or string started, which is why Pits use it so often.

Life

Smash Hero
Assuming they DI correctly:

Dthrow regrab is only guaranteed at low percents on light and floaty characters. Fastfallers will usually hit the ground before you do anything; other characters you can follow with dthrow dash attack (you need a little percent against heavies); and heavy floaties such as Samus can usually just double jump out of anything.

That said, proper DI for uthrow is the opposite, and you can combo a couple things if you get that mixup on a sufficiently fast-falling character, as well as get some pretty harsh positional advantage against Samus. I think bthrow dash attack might be possible on the same DI against certain characters at very specific percents (I got it once against Falco) but it's nearly frame-perfect.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
That would be Snake's grab into an up throw into a C4 stick into down air frame trap into a regrab with pummels into up throw up air c4 KO with cigarette taunt for good measure.
Got it lol. I saw the taunt and was curious.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Keep in mind that both Pit's down and up throw are weight dependent, so that is why you can cg light floaties like kirby on di away, but not someone of similar fall speed that is heavier. When does the tip hit of dash attack lead into a follow up? That could be really useful on characters like Ike where you just barely don't get a follow up for anything except dash attack, but dash attack leads to nothing.

Top Bottom