• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Bow and Its Three Forms

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Some time ago, someone noted that Pit is right-footed, but left-handed. I thought this was interesting, especially if the way Pit slides by using a hyphen smash should have Pit's right foot first. After all, when starting up your dash, if you decide to use the hyphen smash then, you slide further. Well, I was interested in the way Pit's bow strikes. When I was using neutral A to make Pit use it infinitely, I had always thought that Pit split his bow apart like when he does when you put in neutral A. To my surprise, this was not the case.

After realizing that Pit held his bow in his right hand and swung it side ways, one to the right, and then to the left, and then right again, I was curious about how Pit's bow worked. So, I decided that I would inform the Pit Character Discussion board the shape Pit's bow takes whenever he uses his attacks. This also caught my interest prior to my discovery when Pit used neutral A. My brother did not think that when Pit uses his b-air, that it being one, should KO. I had thought Pit split his bow apart and used both blades.

I think it would be best if I made this simple. I will use three words to express the way Pit's bow takes form: Default, Curved, and Split. Default is when Pit's bow is connected together as one. Curved is when the bottom part of the bow is angled the opposite direction of the top part of the bow, and split is when Pit is holding both blades, one in each hand.

• Neutral A: Split; Curved when used as an infinite.
  • Dash: Default, Curved, and/or Split. Pit's bow will remain the same, whatever form used before the dash attack.
  • U-tilt: Curved.
  • F-tilt: Split
  • D-tilt: Default, Curved, and/or Split. Pit's bow will remain the same, whatever form used before d-tilt.
  • U-smash: Split.
  • F-smash: Default.
  • D-smash: Split.
  • N-air: Curved.
  • U-air: Curved.
  • F-air: Split.
  • B-air: Default.
  • D-air: Split.
  • Gl-air: Default.
  • Palutena's Arrow: Default.
  • Wings of Icarus: Default, Curved, and/or Split. Pit's bow will remain the same, whatever form used before the Wings of Icarus. The aerial attack used while in the state of WoI will vary.
  • Angel Ring: Curved.
  • Mirror Shield: Default.
  • Palutena's Army: Default, Curved, and/or Split. Pit's bow will remain the same, whatever form used before Palutena's Army.

Other Information:

When Pit glides, he automatically has a default bow. If he glides, but "crashes," his bow will be split.

Coffee™

I need it....
Is there any pratical application for this or is it all food for thought?

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
well it was an interesting read, at least. I also noticed these three bow positions, and pondered how one could be skilled enough to do such things at the speed Pit does lol

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Actually if you watch the Light Arrow Release animation, the weapon itself actually bends as the light arrow is released

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I forgot about the smash attacks. I guess that's why I was wondering at the time when creating this thread, "What am I missing?"

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Do people read?
There's no need to get all riled up. Yeah, I recall your thread now. I wasn't thinking about it then, and I didn't understand what you meant then. Sorry. I'll just find something else amazing about Pit and then tell all of you.

Top Bottom