• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's best out of shield options?

ReptarAZ

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I have been putting some time in the lab with Pit and tested the netplay waters with him specifically a bit against some of the tougher guys there. My combos are solid, yet I suffer from not knowing enough about the character to really stay with the big dogs (being fairly new) and be smart with my shield. From what I've heard it seems up-b is best, but I feel like it doesn't have enough knockback and too much end lag. I do need to implement wavedash out of shield too, but everything else is almost Swedish Sniper-esque (tech chase game). What are some of the better options?

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Just remember that when you press up-C while holding shield you can jump. left and right c shield rolls and down c while holding shield does a spot dodge. I find using the c-stick to jump while shielding is easier for me than using the jump button. Idk why. I like to OOS short hop dair and maybe short hop fair

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
All the options. It just depends on what situation your caught in.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
if it's for pressure then Up-B OoS usually works. Otherwise Buffered rolls or aerials should do the trick.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Up-Smash is really good most of the time, especially because it's 3 frames for the hitbox -iirc-, and starts up a combo or kills. Thoughts on Up B OOS? I saw Armada use it vs Fox one time and he personally recommended it to me vs the Fox MU when he's pressuring your shield and/or tries to Shine JC Grab you (Apparently it comes out before the grab, and counters it, confirm? Haven't tested this yet).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Pit has great options OoS but they are easily baitable by things like aerial -> dash dance punish, so you should mix in the simpler stuff like rolls and Wavedash OoS.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Up-Smash is really good most of the time, especially because it's 3 frames for the hitbox -iirc-, and starts up a combo or kills. Thoughts on Up B OOS? I saw Armada use it vs Fox one time and he personally recommended it to me vs the Fox MU when he's pressuring your shield and/or tries to Shine JC Grab you (Apparently it comes out before the grab, and counters it, confirm? Haven't tested this yet).
if someone spams pressure on your shield without mixing it up then you should be able to just up-B OoS everytime. You are intangable the first 6 frames so it's extremely safe when it comes to escaping pressure but it's punishable if the player baits it out of you so I'd suggest mixing it up.

TSM ZeRo

if someone spams pressure on your shield without mixing it up then you should be able to just up-B OoS everytime. You are intangable the first 6 frames so it's extremely safe when it comes to escaping pressure but it's punishable if the player baits it out of you so I'd suggest mixing it up.
Gotcha!

TSM ZeRo

Most of the time if someone is pressuring you from behind/up front, rolling away is the best you have, assuming their options are fast.

Liquid Brick

Smash Cadet
As others have already said, both Up-B and Usmash are good options, but both are pretty punishable. I like to either buffer a roll or sh Dair as that can work out in your favor if the opponent doesn't have an active hitbox above their head. Also, Pit's spotdodge is really good so try using that (but don't overuse it by any means).

Conti

Smash Ace
Stupid questions, In P:M do u need Tap jump for Up+B OoS like marth in brawl? or could i let go of sheild and properly time my up+b [is there mad lag?] or since im racist against tap jump honestly [ive never actually played a character that Up+B'd outta sheild as an option, mainly cuz i didnt play marth or mk in brawl, and played with tap jump off -.-], would i have to hold sheild, then jump with x to up+b immediate? [curious, is there a timing where you do it so fast its like u up+b off the grounded, or am i always goin to be Ariel up+bs, if thats the case im seriously about to Z-Jump since i dont use that button xD]

Third

Smash Rookie
To Up+B OoS, you need to buffer a jump with the jump button and press Up+B immediately during the frames you're still on the ground. What I do to make it easier on me is buffer jump with the C-stick by pressing up and then immediately press B with my control stick hitting up, because C-stick up when in shield is jump.

Conti

Smash Ace
C Stick Up is Jump!? :p
i feel ********, like i knew Cstick down was sidestep, left and right were rolls in sheild. I never in my like 6 years of playing smash ever hit up+C while in sheild and i never knew that in my life [is it just a P:M thing? or was it in brawl/melee also and im really bad? -.-] Thanks much for the tip tho, i had a feeling it had to do with buffering Up+B out of the jump squat frames but i couldnt figure it out, hopefully ur trick is what i need to master it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom