• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Vs Pokemon Trainer (Need Advice)

Conti

Smash Ace
Well, I have a freind who just started playing Pokemon Trainer for real, and well, he anhilates me with Squirtle, i can barley touch him with his Air Attks and such, his quick speed, and his ablity to sort of juke me (when he piviots its a huge piviot)...
I havent seen any videos of a Well-Rounded Pit Vs A Well-Rounded Pokemon trainer, so i cant even see what to do... If someone could maybe give me some advice on how to tackle this matchup, would be awsome (also if u can find a Good Match Video that would be amazing)...
Thanks,
,Conti

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ky vs steeler imo. lol

against squirtle you have to keep him off your *** with your disjointed attacks because his attacks are quicker than yours, for the most part.

ivysaur probably gives pit more trouble though.

Conti

Smash Ace
ky vs steeler imo. lol

against squirtle you have to keep him off your *** with your disjointed attacks because his attacks are quicker than yours, for the most part.

ivysaur probably gives pit more trouble though.
Ty, yeah i always play defensive against his squirtle, and Tbh... I own his ivysaur but he says thats his worst out of the 3, whenever he switchs Ivy the tides turn almost... and his charazard aint bad... ill look into Ky Vs Steeler... maybe i missed it

**Edit wow im a nub i shuda looked in pokemon trainer forums... durrrrrr =\
*Edit again, only one video i could find there, and lets say... the Pit was of low skill level...

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Have we had any matches recorded steeler? I don't think we have. I'll ask Affinity to bring the recording equipment so we can record some matches. They'll prolly be up sometime tomorrow Conti.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I play PT fairly well. Not as good the PT mainers but good enough to beat alot of the people i play online. As for fighting squirtle hes fast and hes pretty evil at times. Against a good one you constantly have to be on ur guard against his quick aerial movements and trick ground style.

If hes really aerial, you can try focusing on shield grabbing to do your majority of ur damage. Lots of retreating tactics and space as quickly as possible. Attacks that hit multiple times would work best against a squirtle, like nair, uair, or side special in the air. If ur good at ART tech, it will greatly help here, atleast defensively.

Against a grounded squirtle, maybe wing dashing would help against him. To help avoid the hydroplaining or pivot smashes/grabs. Arrows might not be too useful against a grounded squirtle, tiny and fast moving, it might be hard to aim at him. Once again multi hitting attacks work great against really fast characters. Infinite jab>dtilt/fsmash will work great against the squirtle if he doesnt get knocked away by it.

For offensive, i would say the best bet would be to knock him up. Now i know u may think thats stupid because its squirtles territory, but pits uair has really good priority, so if u can stay below him you have a pretty good chance of give him some damage. Good ways to knock him up would be Dash attack, dtilt, dthrow, uthrow, and utilt(maybe kinda dangerous, it takes a while to finish and ur completely stationary.) And seeing as uair will probably knock him away, its always nice to try and follow up with an arrow as soon as you can release one. It will give each of ur combos an additional 3-5% damage when you can hit your target.

When ur at higher% dont let urself be grabbed by him or ur dead, u have to watch from around 100-120% ish, where he can instantly kill u with a dthrow. Dair is also something u want to watch out for, has some huge horizontal knockback.

While they are attempting to recover, best bet would be to chase them down with wing renewal. Arrows will be rather hard to aim at such a tiny object and his recovery is pretty decent, so u cant expect a squirtle to die from not being able to get back. Mirror shielding him is also a possibility but doing it offstage is essential, squirtle is really easy to sweet spot the ledge so dont expect him to over shoot it either.

If he uses withdraw to recover, its best to try to hit him anyway and send him in the other direction, its always good to follow him a bit after you hit him, cause chances are he will still make it back, and theres a bit lag after he cancels the move. If he does it while on ground go for a foot stool if you can to leave him completely vulnerable. If you can shield or spot dodge it and chase him down. He will need to stop and when he does hes left open for a second, good time for punishment.

Watergun shouldnt really bother pit, just remember he has it if he charges it. But theres only a small chance it can actually do anything to pit.

Thats all i can really think of ATM. I hope it helps some.

Conti

Smash Ace
I play PT fairly well. Not as good the PT mainers but good enough to beat alot of the people i play online. As for fighting squirtle hes fast and hes pretty evil at times. Against a good one you constantly have to be on ur guard against his quick aerial movements and trick ground style.

If hes really aerial, you can try focusing on shield grabbing to do your majority of ur damage. Lots of retreating tactics and space as quickly as possible. Attacks that hit multiple times would work best against a squirtle, like nair, uair, or side special in the air. If ur good at ART tech, it will greatly help here, atleast defensively.

Against a grounded squirtle, maybe wing dashing would help against him. To help avoid the hydroplaining or pivot smashes/grabs. Arrows might not be too useful against a grounded squirtle, tiny and fast moving, it might be hard to aim at him. Once again multi hitting attacks work great against really fast characters. Infinite jab>dtilt/fsmash will work great against the squirtle if he doesnt get knocked away by it.

For offensive, i would say the best bet would be to knock him up. Now i know u may think thats stupid because its squirtles territory, but pits uair has really good priority, so if u can stay below him you have a pretty good chance of give him some damage. Good ways to knock him up would be Dash attack, dtilt, dthrow, uthrow, and utilt(maybe kinda dangerous, it takes a while to finish and ur completely stationary.) And seeing as uair will probably knock him away, its always nice to try and follow up with an arrow as soon as you can release one. It will give each of ur combos an additional 3-5% damage when you can hit your target.

When ur at higher% dont let urself be grabbed by him or ur dead, u have to watch from around 100-120% ish, where he can instantly kill u with a dthrow. Dair is also something u want to watch out for, has some huge horizontal knockback.

While they are attempting to recover, best bet would be to chase them down with wing renewal. Arrows will be rather hard to aim at such a tiny object and his recovery is pretty decent, so u cant expect a squirtle to die from not being able to get back. Mirror shielding him is also a possibility but doing it offstage is essential, squirtle is really easy to sweet spot the ledge so dont expect him to over shoot it either.

If he uses withdraw to recover, its best to try to hit him anyway and send him in the other direction, its always good to follow him a bit after you hit him, cause chances are he will still make it back, and theres a bit lag after he cancels the move. If he does it while on ground go for a foot stool if you can to leave him completely vulnerable. If you can shield or spot dodge it and chase him down. He will need to stop and when he does hes left open for a second, good time for punishment.

Watergun shouldnt really bother pit, just remember he has it if he charges it. But theres only a small chance it can actually do anything to pit.

Thats all i can really think of ATM. I hope it helps some.
I Love You... End of Story, That was very in depth, I'll try to change my playstyle against him cuz idk i Wreck him when he is ivy and charazard, but his squirtles when hes like 100% and im like 10% will get me like 130% and hell be at like 115%... i can never touch em... ill try new tactics and get back to u,
Also KY that would be awsome if u could get a video =] cuz i couldnt find any...
Thanks All

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yes, that would be sweet. who better to look up to than the greatest pit in the nation?

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Steeler only Kansas through Texas believes that. The rest of the US thinks I'm a random scrub lol. Look at you tho, runnin the PT boards and whatnot. Best PT in the Nation son!!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally find that Turtle the most annoying. Simply edgehog Ivy, use Charizard's size against him and combo him up with N-airs, and other moves.
Pit doesnt fair well against Small chars as it is. An aerial-spammin Squirtle will probably your most common Squirtle to see. You outrange him, but he's quite fast.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
It's been said, but your multi-hitbox moves work real well here. They stop him from getting to you. Other than that, make every move matter. Pit's about attacking at angles (I think at least). Squirtle is so small, it's hard to hit him sometimes. It just takes practice.

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah, its hard trying to be a good brawl player when you dont have a wii, i tryd some new stuff, idk it was working but at the same time i was failing.... i gotta work on like one technique at a time, (i literally learned most of pits advanced techs like last week, only thing i got on the spot was wingdashing [which took like 6 games lol]... i need more practice)

I just need to watch more videos and learn pits movement, which is my number one thing i need to work on, cuz my timing, and decision making is fine (Ty halo) but omg, i look like a scrub, i always dash at people and idk, i am too predictable, i need to start walking more and idk have a more fluid playstyle cuz im like retarted (if that made sense)... So yea

Side notw: Halo2 was fun as hell (ill out quad shot any1 here probly, i was a button tapper nub =]) but after Transitioning into Halo3, i truely beleive H3 is better, there are a couple things i did like better in H2 over H3 but there is ALOT LESS Bs in Halo3, alot more consitant gameplay, H2 u die so quick, u cud be a bad player [not smart or idvidualy skilled and own cuz u can spawn trap and double shot] H3 u actually gotta use ur head a bit more...

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I'm tellin you man, just press the b button. It's THAT good XD

EDIT
Might be able to record matches tonight. YAY XD

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
KY always owns me, he's so good. i never stand a chance. i'd rather play meta knight than KY.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I Love You... End of Story, That was very in depth, I'll try to change my playstyle against him cuz idk i Wreck him when he is ivy and charazard, but his squirtles when hes like 100% and im like 10% will get me like 130% and hell be at like 115%... i can never touch em... ill try new tactics and get back to u,
Also KY that would be awsome if u could get a video =] cuz i couldnt find any...
Thanks All
yea negi knows his stuff ive seen some pretty in depth posts by him including this one but hes outdone himself this time way to go

Top Bottom