• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit vs. Kirby! CAN PIT EVEN BEAT HIM!?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just referred to the matchup chart to see what that says: kirby<pit. haha!

salaboB

Smash Champion
I just referred to the matchup chart to see what that says: kirby<pit. haha!
The matchup chart seems to be primarily filled in by people who think their character will beat X character, rather than leaving gaps until the different matchups have actually been figured out by play between equally skilled people. (I don't know if it's correct for Kirby/Pit or not, it just seems like a rather "Take it with a grain of salt" table atm)

kown

Smash Lord
this is probably alrdy said but kirby can't grab the edge backwards so mirror shielding his up b is really useful.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Gonzo's got the greatest sig now...

Anyway yeah Kirby can be nerfed by the Mirror Shield. But he is a harder character to do it with. The only time I recall doing this was when the Kirby I was fighting thought it would be a swell idea to try to spike me as we were both off the edge. Pivot Mirror Shield and BAM! dead Kirby.

kown

Smash Lord
well its not harder to mirror shield but ppl tend to mirror shield kirby like they do ike. I THINK you ahve to mirror shield kirby on his way down where ike you mirror shield his sword when its up in the air.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kirby sux so pit would win
P - "You Can't Defeat Me!!!"
K - "Hi" (after C. Falcon comes in and Falcon Punches Kirby out)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nice joke, wait it was a joke right? I tried Kirby and he is pretty good, but against a Pit, it all depends on the skills and Mindgames will help out.

Top Bottom