• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit vs Ike / Lucas

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Hi.

My friend uses Ike and Lucas as his main go-to characters. I find both characters inherently annoying...Ike is cheesy and lame and there's nothing more humiliating than being KO'd at a low percent by his super slow yet super long range, high priority smashes. And Lucas...well... "pk fiyah!" and "pk thundah!" (said in Lucas' high pitched voice) pretty much sums up what makes him annoying. Oh, and getting hit with his upsmash is probably the most humiliating thing of all.

Anyway, I was just hoping for some specific advice for both of these matchups.

Thanks.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
hmm as for ike. I would say dodge his smashes. Ike maybe able to kill you easily. But with pit its super easy to gimp ike. Just reflect his recoveries with the mirror shield. Actualy both these match ups can be made easier with a simple work with the mirror shield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really hate Ike and Lucas... very weak
Shoot arrows at Ike but dont spam them like the typical spammer does. When u take him to the ledge, then try to pursue him, but not when he's on the ledge or he may do his Up-B

Lucas, Dont use arrows until u catch him offguard. That's all I can say for now.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm ike you can always play an arrow heavy game, and punishing him off the stage with repeated aerials is easy jsut watch out for aethercide... my friend also mains lucas, but i've finally gotten the upper hand on the matchup.... proper spacing is extremely important, close but not to close, this will allow you to use arrows without them getting psi magneted.... AR ***** people lucas who use PK fire alot, airdodge or spot dodge pk thunders and it will set you up nicely to use against lucas

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Ike: Reflect recoveries as much as possible. Only use attacks with good range. Pelt him with quick hits that he'll be unable to react to, then Fsmash FTW.

Lucas: DO NOT REFLECT. Be careful with your arrows. PSI Magnet will make you want to rip your head off. Arrow stalling can be useful here. Never approach from above. Approach from behind. His PSI Magnet goes in front of him. Without a doubt he'll turn around as you approach. Dodge his PKTs and SH Bair when you get close. For your problems with his voice, mute the TV.

KuroX

Smash Rookie
For Ike, I would say approach with caution at all times. Use NAir when getting close and keep him on the ropes with the arrows a lot. If you can, shield his smashes when you want to get close and then FThrow or BThrow out of the shield. Try not to take him on in the air too much. They can pull a DAir of FAir when you least expect it. And watch out for Ike's A combo, if the person knows how, they can cancel the 2nd A and keep you in a juggle.

As for Lucas, mindgames are your way to go. Pressure you opponent to use PSI Magnet a lot by whizzing arrows over their head. Then, rush them with DashA and proceed with any applicable combo. Also, make use of your Angel Ring when they use PK Fire or PK Thunder. Speaking of, make sure that you don't get gimped on your recovery with the WoI by a PK Thunder. Best bet, glide back to the stage and make some crazy pattern and outrun it. Last, be on the look out for Lucas's air game. His airs can make short work of you and rack up damage quickly, without much notice. Play defensively against him.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think your problem with Ike is your not used to his animations yet and freeze up when you see a Fsmash. I was the same way until I got used to Ike and now I can kill him easily. Don't forget to reflect Ike's up B as well as Side B.

Top Bottom