• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit versus Mario Match-Up.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I haven't gotten much Mario experience. The other Pits have to go on without me.
Boy, many boards really are discussing Pit lately.

Matt07

Smash Master
Well, I haven't gotten much Mario experience. The other Pits have to go on without me.
Boy, many boards really are discussing Pit lately.
:laugh:. you guys are just really popular this week, wish the Mario boards would get discussion against other characters some time soon :(.

I honestly think Pit has the advantage, he has better aerial priority, can rack up damage quicker, and can K.O fairly easy with b-air I think? At least we can K.O. Pit fairly easy, and it's not too hard to 'gimp' him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Agreed with above. Perhaps ask Sage for some Mario matchup details, wherever he is.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
id say Pit has the advantage as well, but can be KO'ed easy... not gimped thogh... why does everyone think Pit is easily gimped?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Because he just is. lol. His recovery is a one time deal, so if u mess that up ur dead. And if ur pushed into a position where ur forced to used the wings, ur pretty shot against a good player, especially those with projectiles.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit can gimp Mario much more easily than he can do the same to Pit. A skilled Pit player should never use Wings of Icarus (especially against projectile users) unless it is absolultely your last hope, or you have a safe shot. His 3 mid-air jumps and glide are MORE than enough to recover from basically anywhere on the map. Mario's Fireball has a short range and cannot travel under the stage, so Pit can also recover by jumping toward the bottom of the stage, using Up-B, and flying across to the other side and sweetspotting the ledge.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
That is so not true. lol Marios fireballs can be sent under the stage, simply by jumping off the stage, ur just assuming mario players will just camp at the edge. Not all players to that.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
That is so not true. lol Marios fireballs can be sent under the stage, simply by jumping off the stage, ur just assuming mario players will just camp at the edge. Not all players to that.
While that may be true, it all depends on the timing of the players. If a Pit were to react accordingly by using his jumps to reach well beyond the range of the Fireballs, then Wings of Icarus could be used safely without fear of being gimped. Very rarely will a Pit use all of his jumps when trying to recover from a hit (the glide's sufficient as it is). It's usually only when attempting a WoP K.O. that they are forced to use Wings of Icarus to recover since there's little chance of opponent retaliation. Saying that Pit is easily gimped is not accurate when the majority of skilled Pit players won't give you that opportunity. Mario, on the other hand, is very limited in his recovery. Hitting him beyond the possible point of recovery is not too difficult for Pit, who excels at executing aerial after aerial. And even when Mario is within the potential to recover back to the stage, a well-timed Mirror Shield stops that as well. All in all, Pit definitely has the advantage in this match-up.

Top Bottom