• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit over popular

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
is he cause i was in general brawl stuff and i was looking at a thread called who will u main i think pit was like 4th behind sonic ike pickmin olimar :( question will online have like 2 pits a game?

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
He will probably be one of the most popular characters, no doubt about it. He's a good character who looks really cool to boot.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Yes, and they all got spammed at the Brawl tournament I was at minus Wario.
Ah I get you now.

I guess people will get over the novelty of the new characters eventually and settle into playing a character they feel comfortable with.

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
There will probably be lots of Pits on WiFi. Pit is the kind of character that many people will like to use because of his different fighting style(and sometimes it feels even better to damage your opponent than to smash him offstage).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I still play Sheik in Brawl because she's still good and I ***** with her in Melee. I'm also still comfortable with Ganondorf even though he got worse.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Fantastic recovery and a bow that can fire abusable light arrows and turn into two blades. Why wouldn't Pit be popular?

Pit seriously likes men. Feminine and or emo guys play pit
You should know.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
He does have the THIS IS...SPARTAAAA kick now though :D
Yes, my friend Rigel says it looks like he's kicking down a door, so he calls it the Door Kick. I think Ganondorf has some potential if you're tricky and smart, ESPECIALLY in teams. I lost to Rafa's Ganon in teams when he had DireVulcan as a partner. Thankfully, we at least took out Wes and XJapan. I'd say I'm pretty good if I beat a team that had the game since its Japanese release and one of the nation's top legends was on said team. XD

Btw, Pit is hot. I'd hit it.

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is just very interested in the new characters. Once more people get their hands on the game and play with these characters, they may or may not like them. You can't just watch a video and know what that character feels like because you've never played them before. It's likely that people will start looking at the veteran characters who have undergone some changes. When I first saw that poll, I was worried too, but then I thought more about it and realized that most of it is just hype. Some poeple who've played Pit have made topics saying that he didn't live up to their expectations or they thought they might be good with him and ended up disliking him.

S2

Smash Lord
He's a good character... but most of all he's easy to pick up and play.

Pit is the type of character that a newb can pick up and enjoy playing the game... but still be a good character when they start getting good.

Some of the other characters, like Olimar, are great - but clearly made with advanced players in mind. Not that Olimar is going to be hard to play for Melee players... but he'd be confusing to someone who'd never played Smash before.

Pit's easily accessible and forgiving, but still a decent fighter. I'm sure there will be plenty of Pit players.

D. M.

Smash Rookie
If Pit's overpopular, then this is a great thing. Should snatch interest for a Kid Icarus 3 even more. I'd kill for a DS 2.5D game with the style based on the reinvisions in Brawl.

Look how Marth being overpopular brought Fire Emblem 7 to the states, and made with tutorials for internationality at that, too.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If Pit's overpopular, then this is a great thing. Should snatch interest for a Kid Icarus 3 even more. I'd kill for a DS 2.5D game with the style based on the reinvisions in Brawl.

Look how Marth being overpopular brought Fire Emblem 7 to the states, and made with tutorials for internationality at that, too.

Get a job at Nintendo, now.

Pit is easily one of the best, and most funnest characters to use in Brawl, so he'll probably be the Marth of Brawl. (In that his popularity will surge due to easy use, and just being good all around.

otter

Smash Ace
I wish I could have Pit all to myself but it would be silly to drop him for that reason :dizzy:

It will be like Pit, Meta Knight, Snake, Sonic, Fox, Wolf, Zelda, D3, Marth, and Ike all the time. That's really not so bad.

Top Bottom