• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit or Mk?

DeadlyDasher

Smash Rookie
I having been watching gimpyfish play as MK and DEFH or however u spell it play as Pit and they both own. When i first saw the trailer like 2 years ago i automatically decided pit but gimpyfish changed my mind a little. I also noticed that pit lacks finishing moves but has strong combos and mk has strong moves and finishing moves so what do you think?

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Its quite on the contrary. Pit has better finnishing moves then Meta. But meeeh. Meta is like one of the best video game characters and i will stay true to him (after Ike that is :p).

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i tink pit... he has strnger finishers and can rack up damage pretty quickly too. He also has insane proyectiles..

IMO high tier minimum

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i think Pit is slightly better, if only due to superior recovery, having a projectile, and a better final smash. but of course i havent played the game yet so its too soon to judge =)

still gonna main meta knight though

batista1220

Smash Rookie
meta knight

He seems to have better melee attacks form the movies I have seen

Also, Pit might be better for 1on 1 due to his ability to shoot arrows then run up for melee!

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
it's a matter of how much you like each character, they both seem good. Both have mid range disjointed sword, fast attacks, great recoveries and good comboing abilities. Metaknight is a bit faster and has got better comboes. On the other hand Pit has better finishers and a very spammable projectile.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
pit is much better than metaknight, metaknight has a lot of troubles getting KOs

play a character you like, just use whoever you like more

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
GIMPY HAS SPOKEN

no but seriously it your personal preferance

however i think meta just has a different playstyle for Ex. pit is combo, combo, finishing move

meta is combo combo edgeguard

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
pit has the things that metaknight lacks, i just straight up think he's a better character
Have we seen Pit Circle Hyrule Temple yet?
NOOOOOOOOOO
But MK?
YEA

I will stop believing in you if you dont agknowlage Meta Pwner

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
metaknight is good and he's the character i just won a 40+ person socal tourney with, but i'm saying pit has more potential and is overall a better character

Burumage

Smash Cadet
Ya, I think pit is a little better too... but not by that much. Meta has potential too!

GenG

Smash Lord
MK's B moves are annoying, if you can't roll past over a tornado you will likely get sucked into it (it eats too much shield).

But I think MK has the upper hand in close quarters with his multihit strikes.

FuryX

Smash Cadet
Projectiles are good in battle with more people and sometimes in one on ones, but any good player in a one on one should be able to side step most projectiles. The only problem now seems to be that pits arrow is capable of rapid fire, but an easy counter is tumbling forward and then attacking pit. Since then meta is faster and in some cases stronger, it should not be that hard to beat any average pit player. Also i am sure that meta has more jumps than pit and an insane recovery. Lastly all you have to do is edge guard and grab on the edge when a pit is using his recovery. Since then Pit`s recovery does not allow him to attack he will end up falling down since he could not grab the edge or he would fall if he is able to attack during his recovery.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
pit's projectiles alone make him a better character because they can reset the knockback on all of his other moves while dealing damage and forcing your opponent to approach he also has the kill moves where metaknight does not

FuryX

Smash Cadet
So basically your saying that Pit can damage opponents and kill them with a lot less effort?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
So far what I´ve seen (correct me if I´m wrong), Pit seems to be faster and thus more able to surprise opponents in the air, but MK has good ground movement and is overall fast. I think that they both have very versatile B-moves, so it´s a though call. I personally think that Pit may have a bit more potential, but I´ll still main MK ´cause he´s got a mask, a sword, cool batwings and a cape to teleport with. What more could you possibly want?

Tristan Fattest of All Kids

Smash Journeyman
When Pit is knocked off, Meta Knight intercepts and Pit can't come back (because he can't get his up-B back after being hit), but Pit does 20 damage to Meta Knight with a lash of A-attacks.
I like Pit, but everyone else uses Meta Knight.

How do I beat a Meta Knight with my Pit?!?!?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the best thing about pit as opposed to metaknight is that he can fire those arrows and recharge the knockback of his other moves by doing that, it's seriously a very good thing to have projectiles in this game for the sole purpose of recharging your high knockback moves

pman154

Smash Rookie
Pit.

For me, the ability to have ranged power to cover me while retreating, or to get opponents out of certain places or face my arrows of doom is really helpful. But if it's like Link or Toon Link's arrow that must be charged, then that wouldn't be cool. Out of all the videos I've seen, none really feature Pit, but I'm sure I'll go main on him even without seeing him in action.

beige

Smash Rookie
Meta has a better recovery than Pit, including his beastly glide. Although Meta lacks power, his Edgeguarding skills are unbeatable. Meta owns Pit.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
the best thing about pit as opposed to metaknight is that he can fire those arrows and recharge the knockback of his other moves by doing that, it's seriously a very good thing to have projectiles in this game for the sole purpose of recharging your high knockback moves
So MK has no way of recharging his finishing moves? He already has some difficulty killing, and now it became a little worse :urg:.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
So MK has no way of recharging his finishing moves? He already has some difficulty killing, and now it became a little worse :urg:.
Well it's very easy for MK to score multiple hits with his arials and tilts - those will recharge your killing moves just the same. Pit can just do it from far away and with a high amount of accuracy, so it's probably better overall. Doesn't mean Meta's methods are bad, though.

Top Bottom