• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit: offensive character or defensive character

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think Pit will serve more as an offensive or defensive character? His B-Moves do beteween 5%-20%.. The others block or reflect attacks or dodge.. Apart from the specials I can't say much about his standard attacks..

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yes I agree. He has great recoveries, and ok attacks. It kind of depends how you use him..

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
Ha, you know what I thought the title of this post meant? Offensive as in religiously, not the standard attack offensive. But that's just me, anyway, how would you know if it's offensive/defensive. You should probably wait to see it in action. But, on one hand he has the bow and light arrows which isn't exactly defensive. On the other hand, he has wings with which to escape.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
See he has the arrows and side b and his side b blocks projectiles. then he has his down b which is the shielf od light and then there is his up b and multiple jumps.

iron blade

Smash Ace
i think it depends on how you use him. pit is pretty evenly balanced between offense and defense, and it depends on which of the two you use more

Percon

Smash Lord
Good question. I'd say defensive because of

A) Good projectile to keep enemies at bay

B) Down B is a freakin' shield

C) Great recovery and evasion.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Definately defense.
Two of his b moves reflect projectiles and/or attacks.
He has 4 midair jumps, and probably the best b up recovery move in the game.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
He looks like a balance to me.

Offensively he has his arrows and that spinning blade side B move, and his A moves all seem good for pressing the attack rather than waiting to counterattack.

Defensively he has the mirror shield and great evasive ability (multiple jumps + flight).

So overall I'd say he looks quite balanced, playing evasively or attacking mercilessly as needed.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he is pretty all around. And replying to HeroXL I only used his b moves because I haven't gone to the E for all so I can't be so sure of his standard attacks. This is just a minor assumption guess thing..

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
He seems like the kind of character that will be very hard to kill, but will have difficulty killing. Kinda like link.

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
He looks like a balance to me.

Offensively he has his arrows and that spinning blade side B move, and his A moves all seem good for pressing the attack rather than waiting to counterattack.

Defensively he has the mirror shield and great evasive ability (multiple jumps + flight).

So overall I'd say he looks quite balanced, playing evasively or attacking mercilessly as needed.
I'd have to agree with you. His arrows, you can change the trajectory of them. So, does that mean if you make them go up when you hit the enemy, will the enemy go with the arrow as well to do more damage?

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to agree with you. His arrows, you can change the trajectory of them. So, does that mean if you make them go up when you hit the enemy, will the enemy go with the arrow as well to do more damage?
im not particularly sure what youre asking,but if youre asking if the arrow has knockback or not,it does.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
i thought all character could be used offensively or defensively and it all depended how play personally? so ihave to agree with raikage and dark meta-knight.

Oyvoyv

Smash Rookie
I think he might hit about as young link, but without down A in the air (which is REALLY easy to kill with) and he also looks to be much better comming back onto the field.

I'd say he is a person that makes the match last, he doesn't hit hard, but he is good at comming back. So that's kinda defensive.

Fidelaratus

Smash Rookie
I believe he's all around balanced: he has a fair share of defensive along with offensive moves. My opinion might change when the game comes out though... Can't wait! :]

iron blade

Smash Ace
I think he might hit about as young link, but without down A in the air (which is REALLY easy to kill with) and he also looks to be much better comming back onto the field.

I'd say he is a person that makes the match last, he doesn't hit hard, but he is good at comming back. So that's kinda defensive.
Don't compare Pit to young link. Pit=/=young link, Pit doesn't suck.

depends on your play style imo
I believe he's all around balanced: he has a fair share of defensive along with offensive moves. My opinion might change when the game comes out though... Can't wait! :]
He is a balanced character, so it probably does depend on your playing style.

zandervm

Smash Rookie
I'd think he would have to be offensive in order to get kills. Quick attacks and maneuverability lend themselves well to combos. And I'm assuming that most of Pit's attacks won't hit too hard. I'm guessing he'll play sorta like Marth, but with a better recovery move.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Defensive, hell even his Final Smash is defensive for him. But yeah defensive, in the SEE you would most likly have Pit behind Mario... SInce Mario's got sucky long range attacks unlike Pit.

Kips

Smash Ace
Yeah, he seems like the type to sit back and rack up damage but have his ally do the killing. Might be the kind of character who can get opponents to ridiculous percentages but has bad kill moves.

Kips

Smash Ace
The general consensus is that he's defensive but can deal an ***-whupping out. Pit seems to be really well balanced from the opinions of him right now. Perhaps he'll outclass Mario as the new all-around boy?

Rampe

Smash Rookie
It would be good if Pit is little more defensive.
But maybe all-around is the best =P

Pit is very fast and so he wont be defensive xF
Then he is offensive:psycho:

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
i think he will be best used as a support character, racking up damage then having a team-mate like ike finish them off, though i don't care really 'cos i'm gonna main Pit no matter what ^^

Kips

Smash Ace
Well if he can Short Hop Arrow Spam it'll mean he can be very defensive for sure, racking up percentages fairly quickly. Maybe Pit and Ike will be good teammates, with Pit racking up damage and Ike finishing them off.

Top Bottom